No announcement yet.

SQ reinstating FRA-JFK, HKG-SFO in Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone who hasn't noticed, actually the days SQ8 (continues onward to SFO) does not operate (M, T, F, Su), that flight is operated as a terminator flight to HKG (SQ882/883), which currently operates on all other days.

So essentially the 8:25AM flight to HKG is a daily flight, but 4 out of the 7 days it terminates at HKG (and turns back as SQ883) and the other 3 days will continue on to SFO.

The days SQ7 returns from SFO, looks like SQ883 and SQ7 will operate on the same day, except for Sundays & Mondays.

Comment

SQ8/7 SIN-HKG-SFO v.v. changing to A350 Long Haul effective from 07DEC21
      SQ882/883 HKG terminator also changing to A350 from 03DEC21

= No more F class to/from SFO or HKG in the northern winter schedule

Comment

Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post

While SQ306/305/308/319 will swap to 777-300ER in December as well

Comment

Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
          I wonder why…I know the A350 has a similar or better product, which is good and they would be allocating the 77W to LHR flights (and they are doing CDG & FRA flights too).

Could it be due to the shortage of 77W? 2 are cargo (SWM/SWN), 2 in ASP (SWK/SWL), and some of them not in service (SWB, SWJ, SWV, SWY, All SN* birds) plus some leaving the fleet (SWA, SWD, SWE, SWF).

Shortage in the sense that they would allocate the 77W to other flights to Europe and put the A350 on others. The A350’s can easily fly SFO non-stop and thought most fifth-freedom routes (At least SFO and LAX would maintain 4 F seats).

Probably also demand for F I suppose right?

Comment

SQ306/305 will be a daily 77W effective 12/1/2021, while SQ308/319 will be a 77W effective 12/4/2021 (LHR flights)

SQ211/212 going to SYD and return will be a 77W effective 12/1/2021 since that turn requires 2 frames.

I think that’s why the longhaul A359 is going to both SQ882 (terminator HKG flight) and SQ8/7 (HKG/SFO). SQ882/883 is changing to an A359 effective 12/3/2021 whereas SQ8/7 are changing on 12/7/2021.

Also, I don’t think some 77W are back in service too (Like SWY, SNB, SNC, and also SWJ, SWK, SWL - Could those SW* birds be in long term storage in ASP)? Then can’t forget SWM, and SWN which are cargo only 77W? Any idea if in the future term they will come back as pax aircraft even still doing cargo as necessary?

Comment

Basically they need the A350 for the Canada/SEA flights from 2/dec.
              and thus there are some switches as there are F demand to/from LHR and SYD.

Btw, if possible pls write the date in 1/dec/21 format. Easier to understand.

Comment

Basically they need the A350 for the Canada/SEA flights from 2/dec.
                and thus there are some switches as there are F demand to/from LHR and SYD.

Btw, if possible pls write the date in 1/dec/21 format. Easier to understand.
                Yeah, that's true for the Canada/SEA flights, as they'll need the A350 to fly nonstop to Canada.

Also, for LHR, also from 09 DEC 2021, SQ318/321 (afternoon LHR flight) will return but will only operate on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but that will be with an A359 only, without F.

I'm wondering if LHR will get double-daily A380 like the pre-pandemic days (SQ308 has always been an A380 till the pandemic) in the future since you have pointed out demand for F? Maybe as some have said the A380's are still getting refitted.

Comment

With the newly emergence of the Omicron virus and some countries have already started quarantine and even stopped all air travelers, SIA will have no choice but to reduce some flights or even cancel its passenger services.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    With the newly emergence of the Omicron virus and some countries have already started quarantine and even stopped all air travelers, SIA will have no choice but to reduce some flights or even cancel its passenger services.
                    Seem like new booking for SQ VTL flights in December from Europe n USA are no longer available.

Comment

I thought SIA would be covid resilient no matter what variants are being thrown around the world and given vaccination rates. Remember reading those words ‘covid resilient’ in an article.

About VTL not being available, whats more strange is India VTL flights just started this week and SYD flights got upgraded. It is pretty worrying, the moment we hear about it in Europe, we have to assume its in the USA.

I do hope in the next 7 or so months it would be better to travel internationally; we just have to keep our fingers crossed & hope for the best.

@sbs2716g - Are you seeing this cancelation with LAX flights for example (SQ40/39) and also the second CDG flight operated by the A350?

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                        I thought SIA would be covid resilient no matter what variants are being thrown around the world and given vaccination rates. Remember reading those words ‘covid resilient’ in an article.

About VTL not being available, whats more strange is India VTL flights just started this week and SYD flights got upgraded. It is pretty worrying, the moment we hear about it in Europe, we have to assume its in the USA.

I do hope in the next 7 or so months it would be better to travel internationally; we just have to keep our fingers crossed & hope for the best.

@sbs2716g - Are you seeing this cancelation with LAX flights for example (SQ40/39) and also the second CDG flight operated by the A350?
                        There is no cancellation of VTL flights. Just that they are NOT bookable for Most of December date.

Comment

Seem like SQ is going to cancel SQ8/7 from 1st feb and replace with SQ32/31 (SIN-SFO direct).

SQ36/35 (SIN-TPE-LAX) seem also gotten the chop from Mid Feb.

Comment

Seem like SQ is going to cancel SQ8/7 from 1st feb and replace with SQ32/31 (SIN-SFO direct).

Looks like it, yet SQ32/31 which is a nonstop flight is still maintaining the same operating freq as SQ8/7 (I thought it would be daily just like SQ34/33). They brought the HKG route back, yet axing it again. Is it due to weak demand? I always thought HKG-SFO had strong demand even pre pandemic days I remember those flights were always full. On another hand the nonstop flight does add convenience to passengers with less layover for flights heading to most parts of India, except DEL/BOM.

And yeah I see the same with SQ36/35. On another hand SQ12/11 to LAX via NRT this month started increasing frequency from 3 weekly to 4 weekly, now adding Saturdays, with the 77W.

Comment

SQ8/7 (SIN-HKG-SFO) will be suspended from 1st Feb 22 to 15th Mar 22. Thereafter, service resumes 3 weekly till 27th Mar 22.

SQ32/31 (SIN-SFO) operates from 1st Feb 22 to 26 Mar 22, so there will be a period where SQ8/7 operates alongside SQ32/31.

SQ36/35 (SIN-TPE-LAX) will be suspended from 18th Feb 22.

SQ28/27/29 (SIN-YVR-SEA), seasonal service, will be suspended from 26th Mar 22.

SQ will also be operating the following special flights from LAX-MEL:
                              SQ8201 LAX0030 – 1155+1MEL 359 157 (from 27th Dec 21 to 01st Jan 22)
                              SQ8201 LAX0030 – 1155+1MEL 359ULR (29th Dec 21)
                              Last edited by Not You; 11 December 2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Not You View Post
                                SQ8/7 (SIN-HKG-SFO) will be suspended from 1st Feb 22 to 15th Mar 22. Thereafter, service resumes 3 weekly till 27th Mar 22.

SQ32/31 (SIN-SFO) operates from 1st Feb 22 to 26 Mar 22, so there will a period where SQ8/7 operates alongside SQ32/31.

SQ36/35 (SIN-TPE-LAX) will be suspended from 18th Feb 22.

SQ28/27 (SIN-YVR-SEA), seasonal service, will be suspended from 26th Mar 22.

SQ will also be operating the following special flights from LAX-MEL:
                                SQ8201 LAX0030 – 1155+1MEL 359 157 (from 27th Dec 21 to 01st Jan 22)
                                SQ8201 LAX0030 – 1155+1MEL 359ULR (29th Dec 21)
                                Is it possible YVR service is appearing to be suspended on 26th Mar because VTL dates haven't been extended beyond that yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X