Coming soon....a new fifth freedom route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
    That would not be a reason against SQ operating LHR-JFK.
    That's right. The reason SQ won't operate LHR-JFK is because it would fail

The vast majority of premium traffic to JFK is on corporate deals that massively undercut published fares. SQ has little or no corporate sales team in London or New York, certainly not one that can compete with BA/AA or VS/DL

And before anyone mentions B6, how big is an A321 vs whatever SQ can put on the route?

Not saying it won't happen, but it would be *financial suicide*...

Comment

Anyway, while it's not new, MAN-IAH is back from January:

https://twitter.com/SPD_travels/stat...79897990078466

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Some interesting speculation there....some not far off. Today's developments should finally get the ball rolling.
        The suspense is killing me.

Trying to read the tea leaves based on the "today's developments" comment (opening up of transatlantic travel), my speculation is that this means we can eliminate new any Asia-US fifth freedom route. Flying from Europe, it would make little sense to add on a destination further west than ORD. So I'm betting it's either BOS or ORD. For selfish reasons, I'm going with BOS here.

I tend to agree flying from LHR is less likely. Chances of success might be enhanced by flying non-stop from a city that currently does not serve BOS directly, which I think leaves MAN, CPH, MXP and BCN. I have no idea about slots and traffic volume to BOS from those four cities, so to add another layer of speculation on this wobbly edifice of supposition, I'm going to with MAN-BOS as my first choice, followed by MXP-BOS.

Comment

Unfortunately this has been put in the 'not any time soon' tray. Well, it had a couple of weeks ago. Such is the fluidity of everything at the moment who knows.

Shame, the inaugural would have been fun. Might still be....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Unfortunately this has been put in the 'not any time soon' tray. Well, it had a couple of weeks ago. Such is the fluidity of everything at the moment who knows..
            Are you sure you didn't mean this one?! https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...k-via-bangkok/

Comment

However not sure if the fare are competitive enough as Mainly miles reported tha fare to be about $930. However we have full service Mideast airlines like Emirates and Qatar with offers of less than $1,000 and BA today advertises its direct non-stop full service fare of $988
              Last edited by flyguy; 14 November 2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X