No announcement yet.

A trip to Canada (pictorial TR) [BA/CX/AC/LX]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jjpb3, are u serious? Looking at it (I spend a couple of mins while disembarking) the new CX J seems very very narrow. I didn't want to say that Y is - in absolute values - more spacious than J (it's pretty obvious it couldn't), but was really unimpressed by the width of the new J. On the other side, I admit, everything else in the new J impressed me in a very good way and I hope to try it asap.
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

J over Y?

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
      jjpb3, are u serious? Looking at it (I spend a couple of mins while disembarking) the new CX J seems very very narrow. I didn't want to say that Y is - in absolute values - more spacious than J (it's pretty obvious it couldn't), b...
      Yes, I'm serious. Sorry, but I don't know how you can perceive the J seat to be less spacious and less comfortable than the Y seat.
      The Y seat looks definitely more spacious than the J seat in comparison, but I must admit I never tried CX new J.
      Have you tried sleeping in the new Y seat on a long-haul flight (e.g., LHR-HKG)? I have. It ain't nice -- particularly when you have an armrest hog for a neighbor. But I've had no problem catching zzz's on the new J seat.

Compared to other J options, the new CX J may not stand up, but against any Y option? I'll take the new CX J seat over any Y option I've run across.
      Last edited by jjpb3; 3 April 2009, 01:02 AM.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        J over Y?
        Yes, I'm serious. Sorry, but I don't know how you can perceive the J seat to be less spacious and less comfortable than the Y seat.
        jjpb3... sorry I'm realizing that probably I'm not able to explain my thought. I'm *NOT* saying that Y is wider than J, neither Y is better than J.
        I'm only saying that *in proportion* looking at the Y and J seats, the CX Y seat seems spacious (thinking that it's a Y seat) where CX J seats looks narrow (thinking that it's a C seat).

I've only flown 6 hours in CX new Y. I'm sure that the J seat is better than the Y. I'd be surprised by the contrary.

Comment

Well, besides, I'm not as broad-shouldered as you are, Luke.

Note to self: hit the gym, dammit!
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

ROTFL. that's absolutely true.

note to myself: what is a gym?

Comment

I'm not exactly skinny but I didn't feel the new CX J seat was constricting when I tried it. It seemed perfectly fine and I'd take it over any sloped bed J seat any day.

Comment

note to myself: what is a gym?
                Note to LukeGT :

A gym is that thing called 'membership' that you joined (and paid) but NEVER got to use?

Comment

Yeah joining the gym but NOT going has a placebo effect

Comment

Originally posted by mec View Post
                    Note to LukeGT :

A gym is that thing called 'membership' that you joined (and paid) but NEVER got to use?
                    This is not completely true.
                    I visited it a couple of times..... but I never went there for a third time

Originally posted by blast-off View Post
                    Yeah joining the gym but NOT going has a placebo effect
                    I suppose I need a nice presence to induce me to go there...
                    anyway, I won't go OT anymore

Comment

erm, I've been in YUL (transit) during my second part of the journey.
                      Will post some pics, but I think I have just a couple. Was busy with my bag lost by Swiss.
                      I'm sorry to hear that. But hey there is always next time right...you haven't lived until you've had a poutine from an authentic greasy spoon restaurant in Montreal...the aftermath is also pretty cool as you end up in hospital and get to see our health care system live and in colour [although there have been cases of people going colour blind from eating poutine]
                      I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

Working...
                      X