Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi thanks guys. just to let you know, KF just called to say I've been awarded EG. Thanks heaps for everything.

Comment

• OOPS, GUYS pardon me for asking but still need to ask you a really noob question. sorry!
      as i've just been EG and will not receive my card before my next flight, how will i be able to get lounge access? and which lounges would you guys recommend at SFO?
      thanks for all your help!

Comment

• Congratulations for getting your EG!
        Hope it will not be a precedent for other flyers to tweak in the request for qualifying period adjustment.

Regarding lounge access, I thought there was a thread asking the same question long time ago. Anyway, my question would be, for SFO, are you going to fly out from international terminal, or domestic? I know that if you want to access RCC at domestic terminal, the lounge staff would like to see your actual *G card.
        For international terminal, if SKL opens, I believe you will not have any problem gaining entry, because the staff can look up the system to verify your status.

Comment

• Hi thanks!
          I'll be flying out of the international terminal, so i'll prob try the SKL.
          any other lounges worth visiting? btw is there also an SKL at narita/hongkong?

thanks!

Comment

• Dear MOD:
            Perhaps it's better to move the discussion about lounge access to appropriate place. Perhaps this one?

Originally posted by sqlove View Post
            Hi thanks!
            I'll be flying out of the international terminal, so i'll prob try the SKL.
            any other lounges worth visiting? btw is there also an SKL at narita/hongkong?

thanks!
            For International Terminal SFO, SKL doesn't open all day long. Only prior to SQ flights. So, which flight are you taking out from SFO?

SFO SKL

The other option would be UA RCC based on your *G status. But again, in general, the staff wants to have your card handy.

At NRT, there is the NH C lounge as well as UA RCC.

In HKG, there are SKL, UA RCC as well as TG.

HKG SKL

HKG UA RCC

Comment

• THANKS HEAPS!

Comment

• Congratulations, sqlove. I'm glad things worked out in your favor.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                  In HKG, there are SKL, UA RCC as well as TG.
                  After being convinced by several FF to checkout the TG lounge at HKG prior to boarding my HKG-BKK-JNB rt journey last month, I decided to head inside rather than do my usual Wing/Pier routine. To be honest I found the facility to be descent and enjoyed the airy atmosphere. Of course not as extensive as the buffet selection offered by the Wing/Pier F section, but they had decent selections of hot meals. In addition they had massage chairs (though I did not try them) and limited shower facilities as well.
                  My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
                    However if your account is dormant & currently has no miles, its better to open a new account than use the existing account.

New account = 12 month period to earn 50,000 miles for Elite Gold
                    Existing account = 12 month period to earn 25,000 miles for Elite Silver, then 50,000 miles to earn Elite Gold = 75,000 miles total.
                    matt_will_fix_it,

This has been brought up many times. One will only need 50000 miles in a 12 month period regardless whether he/she is a new member or existing member. You have had poor experience dealing with krisflyer over that issue but it has passed so lets move on. There's no such thing has 75000 miles to achieve Gold in a 12 month period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                      matt_will_fix_it,

This has been brought up many times. One will only need 50000 miles in a 12 month period regardless whether he/she is a new member or existing member. You have had poor experience dealing with krisflyer over that issue but it has passed so lets move on. There's no such thing has 75000 miles to achieve Gold in a 12 month period.
                      Nick C - We will have to agree to disagree on this one

In the case where your Krisflyer account is not in the 12 month period since you enroled in Krisflyer (eg after 1st KF membership year):
                      • I agree that you can call Krisflyer once you have credited 50,000 miles to your account within in your membership year and have them upgrade you to gold.
                      • However this is not automatic, therefore the majority if KF members who don't know about SQTalk, flyertalk etc will be flying 75,000 miles to reach gold.
                      • It is documented in the Krisflyer Programme Guide (page 20) & Krisflyer Web Site to become Elite Gold you need 50,000 miles *after* reaching Elite Silver (which requires 25,000 miles in itself), giving 75,000 miles required to reach gold

Its a different story if you're account is in the first 12 months since enrolment - then its 50,000 required to reach gold (system updates automatically).

So lets agree to disagree - I agree that you can ask KF to upgrade you after flying 50,000 miles, however its not automatic and its not the official KF programme rules.
                      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

• long time viewer first time poster

Hi All,

just to add to the debate, i've been a member of Krisflyer for a few years and was just wade KF Gold based on 50,000 miles travel in the current 12 month period. Maybe the airline is relaxing the criteria in these difficult times

Comment

• Congrats on getting KF Gold and reinforcing the concensus that it only requires 50K miles to get KF Gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by curiousm View Post
                            Hi All,

just to add to the debate, i've been a member of Krisflyer for a few years and was just wade KF Gold based on 50,000 miles travel in the current 12 month period. Maybe the airline is relaxing the criteria in these difficult times
                            Just curious, was the upgrade automatic, or did you have to call KF to get the change done?
                            matt_will_fix_it

Comment

• automatically, pleasant surprise after flying home to sydney a couple of days ago

Comment

• Originally posted by curiousm View Post
                                automatically, pleasant surprise after flying home to sydney a couple of days ago
                                Congratulations!
                                Welcome to SQTalk.

Comment

Working...
                                X