Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video TR: British Airways LHR - HKG, First, A380

Hello all,

My latest video trip report - London to Hong Kong on the new British Airways A380, in First - is now available at http://youtu.be/yRuVYkA8i1o

The report covers travel to Heathrow, the Concorde Room, lunch in the CCR (including the Concorde Roast which is a good new addition to the menu and a vast improvement on what went before), boarding (chaos), departure, the cabin and seat, onboard service including the new tasting menu and arrival into Hong Kong.

Overall I’d say the aircraft is a distinct step up from what we have now from BA, and is very good in some areas. It’s smooth and quiet, the IFE is excellent, the personal wardrobe (which can fit a full size cabin trolley, laptop bag, shoes and all your clothes) is a superb feature. However, the seat is no wider than normal F, I am in two minds about the tasting menu and the crew were pretty variable on both sectors (although, this could be teething problems). The aircraft is of course extremely quiet which is good if you’re wanting to sleep (no need for noise cancelling headphones) and er, bad, if you’re wanting to sleep (you can hear everything: galley chatter / clatter, snoring, loo flushing, wardrobes slamming, coughing…)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the report and I look forward to reading your comments.

Thanks

BL.

Enjoyed it The only missing from the CCR is (IMHO) a smoking room... (yes i'm aware there are none LHR-wide)

Comment

Working...
    X