KUL KLIA aerotrain to be out of service for 3 months for maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haf View Post
    Got to the airport at 745pm, was on the 10:45 flight but managed to squeeze on to the 8:30 SQ 119 that left at 9:30 as it arrived late. I was probably having my free meal (we got meal vouchers for the delay) at delifrance when you were passing by underneath!
    I did indeed see your plane. 9V-STE at the gate as the bus has got to go forward, then do a u turn to head back towards the Main terminal building.

Comment

That was my first time on the 330 and frankly I was very pleased I got the standby (within 5 minutes) to get on that plane rather than have to deal an MH 737 to get me home at the tail end of the day before a 3 day weekend! Sometimes you just don't want to hang around an airport after a long day at the office!

I have a feeling we have crossed paths (along with Kyo+) more than once around these airports!
      blog

Comment

Originally posted by haf View Post
        I have a feeling we have crossed paths (along with Kyo+) more than once around these airports!
        Very likely. Just look for the ugly girl taking pics of her feet - and that's me

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Very likely. Just look for the ugly girl taking pics of her feet - and that's me
          I have a feeling that we have crossed paths too! I once saw a lady at the KUL SKL with two teddy bears surfing SQtalk.com but that was quite some time ago. Could it be you?

Sorry for OT-ness

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            I have a feeling that we have crossed paths too! I once saw a lady at the KUL SKL with two teddy bears surfing SQtalk.com but that was quite some time ago. Could it be you?

Sorry for OT-ness
            A lady in KUL SKL with two teddy bears surfing SQTalk? .... my goodness. We have some weird people around.

Having said that....... I do have two teddy bears, visit the KUL SKL regularly and pop into SQTalk once in a blue moon. hmmm....

Comment

the bus thing still going on? i'm flying in on Monday AM :S

sqfg: it's hisap ganja, not hisap rokok

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
                the bus thing still going on? i'm flying in on Monday AM :S

sqfg: it's hisap ganja, not hisap rokok
                Oh yeah. Still on. And I dunno what they were smoking, but I want some, cause they looked pretty chilled doing their work.

You heard it here first: Aerotrain ke pintu pintu C1-C37 akan sampai 31 December 2013, after a mega cost overrun, lots of finger pointing, "siasatan mendalam" "tiada komen tanpa kebenaran kementerian" and just good ol' tidak apa Malaysian style

Comment

aiyer. better have minimal handcarry. it's dub-fra-sin-kul tks for heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
                    aiyer. better have minimal handcarry. it's dub-fra-sin-kul tks for heads up.
                    Nah, don't worry about it. The RapidKL buses used are low floor types, so no biggie to drag em onto the "bas"

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Nah, don't worry about it. The RapidKL buses used are low floor types, so no biggie to drag em onto the "bas"
                      173 hours ago, some chap from this board was catching 119 with his SO and another friend lugging 3 check ins... along came a makcik in wheelchar, two babies in prams and a few other carry ons... bus got quite jammed One of the father even had to lift his son in the pram up the back section of the Rapid KL, then bring it down again when the bus reached C11. Not impressed with the Omnibuses at all...

One question.... why couldn't they shut down on track and keep the other in service since it was duplicate service. No pun intended, I didn't know Najib-land to be so hghly efficient to be carrying out works simultaneously

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                        173 hours ago, some chap from this board was catching 119 with his SO and another friend lugging 3 check ins... along came a makcik in wheelchar, two babies in prams and a few other carry ons... bus got quite jammed One of the father even had to lift his son in the pram up the back section of the Rapid KL, then bring it down again when the bus reached C11. Not impressed with the Omnibuses at all...

One question.... why couldn't they shut down on track and keep the other in service since it was duplicate service. No pun intended, I didn't know Najib-land to be so hghly efficient to be carrying out works simultaneously
                        Apparantly, they are doing some changes to the tracks for some new depot and a planned new terminal.

But knowing Malaysia, the project may just go way of schedule, and it goes way over budget, then the finger pointing begins, while nobody cares of finishing the job. (high 5, SQFG )

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                          only in Malaysia "Bolehland" that such a thing can happen - as u dont see such train disruption when Changi changes its aerotrain
                          I could not recall. If I remember correctly, aerotrain was stop for some period for upgrade when T3 started ?

Comment

Anyone heard of the rumor about the completion date being delayed??

Comment

Originally posted by flyKL View Post
                              Not heard about it, but wouldn't surprise me ONE BIT

Comment

Originally posted by flyKL View Post
                                The appropriate question would've been "Anyone heard of the rumour that the project would be completed on time?"

Comment

Working...
                                X