No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SVM completed a test flight as SQ8877 on 8th June.

Comment

• 9V-SRM has arrived in GYR as SXA625 with new registration N772BC.

Comment

• Updates from Skyliner-aviation.de:
        Boeing 777-212 32320 438 N772BC Boeing regd 04jun20, ferried 12jun20 SIN-GYR ex 9V-SRM
        Boeing 777-212 33373 487 N785BC Boeing ferried 18jun20 SIN-GYR ex 9V-SQN

All eyes are now on remaining 4 B772 and 5 B773A fleet:
        9V-SVB, SVC, SVE and SVM- First three are now at ASP, the last at SIN
        9V-SYF,SYH, SYI, SYJ, SYL- All at SIN
        Last edited by jul247; 21 June 2020, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• I’ve been wondering...
          Won’t it be better to just use the old aircraft, like the 772/773s until they’re really ready to be thrown away (ie major parts need to be replaced), rather than to wear out the newer ones?
          I mean, during this time I don’t think the product really matters much to the few flying pax.
          I know cargo capacity matters now so perhaps at least the 773s. But in theory..yep.

I feel it’s such a waste flying the new A350s and 78Xs around when there are barely any passengers on board to impress.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
            I’ve been wondering...
            Won’t it be better to just use the old aircraft, like the 772/773s until they’re really ready to be thrown away (ie major parts need to be replaced), rather than to wear out the newer ones?
            I mean, during this time I don’t think the product really matters much to the few flying pax.
            I know cargo capacity matters now so perhaps at least the 773s. But in theory..yep.

I feel it’s such a waste flying the new A350s and 78Xs around when there are barely any passengers on board to impress.
            The reason why SIA is operating so many A350s and B78Xs is cos of their fuel efficiency with respect to cargo capacity. Especially in this period where airlines are cash strapped, savings in fuel costs can help SIA conserve the much needed cash to ride out COVID-19.

Comment

• The 772s are all retired and in storage and 2 of the 773 are active and there are 11 77Ws in service now. The 77Ws have a higher belly cargo space available. And the reason why SIA is using 33 of its A350s and the whole 15 of the 787s for mainly cargo and some pax service is that to keep this number of aircrafts in flyable condition so that SIA can resume some of its services when its ready without any delay in getting the aircrafts ready. The remaining aircrafts in short term storage would require some time to get it ready for flight when the time comes.

Comment

• It sounds like for July, the 77W routes are going A350 (the ones that were scheduled to fly in April, May, and June). Do you guys think it's a possible sign of the 77W also in plans for retiring from the fleet as well?

It will easily take at least a year or so to return back to pre-COVID19 levels in this current climate.

Comment

• Doubt any of the 27 77Ws are going to be retired so soon and maybe not till 2023 as although it may take up to more than a year to recover from covid, but the 77Ws are needed to take over some of the flights from the A380s which will not be all flying at least for awhile and maybe a small number of the A380s will be retired and not fly again.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    Doubt any of the 27 77Ws are going to be retired so soon and maybe not till 2023 as although it may take up to more than a year to recover from covid, but the 77Ws are needed to take over some of the flights from the A380s which will not be all flying at least for awhile and maybe a small number of the A380s will be retired and not fly again.
                    Wouldn't the A350 also suffice? It has 3 classes of travel and the difference between the A350 and the 77W is the cargo, as I read on websites and forums, hence why the 77W has been doing cargo-only flights from time to time.

Comment

• Believed the 77Ws can carry more pax and only the 77Ws have First class as the A380s will not be flying soon. And with the 19 A380s not flying anytime soon, the 77Ws would be in service, and secondly the 77Ws have not reach 15 years yet athough 2 - 3 will be soon in a couple of years. The 77Ws will likely be stored when the 779s are delivered likely in 2022 onwards or possibly be delayed by SIA on its delivery. And SIA have asked AB to push back deliveries of its A350s.

Comment

Believed the 77Ws can carry more pax
                        They are only configured to carry 11 more pax.

Comment

• That's because the 77Ws have 4 classes, including the only aircraft other than the A380s to have first class and a slightly larger J class.

Comment

That's because the 77Ws have 4 classes, including the only aircraft other than the A380s to have first class and a slightly larger J class.
                            Correct. But still in numbers of raw seat numbers there isn't a huge amount of diffrence.

Comment

• SQ8877|08JUL (A/T) will be operated by 9V-SYI. Aircraft is in base SQ livery without titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                                SQ8877|08JUL (A/T) will be operated by 9V-SYI. Aircraft is in base SQ livery without titles.
                                That’s a surprise...so they have decided to retire 773s this year. Understandable.
                                But why SYI first and not SYF/L which don’t have the refitted cabin. Or even SYH which is older 🤔

Comment

Working...
                                X