No announcement yet.

KUL Airport Guide (Non LCCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes there's a Plaza lounge at the LCCT - its more basic than the one at KLIA satellite terminal - but seems bigger with alot of seats and limited food but does have 6 desktop PCs for internet surfing - generally its not crowded and just a handful or a couple of pax only at the lounge. Taking AK is a safer bet as it have 8 flights a day to sin and also 3K and Tiger have a fairly weekly frequency of flight cancellations for its KUL-SIN sectors - so unless u absolutely must fly out on the same day - its safer to take AK.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      AK departs from Changi's main terminal also

Tie broken!
      Haha, if it's only that easy. I need to fly at least one segment on 3K, as I need to utilize my 3K voucher (http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7612)..

The return on AK is also very cheap, only RM25. But I also wanna explore KLIA as I've only transited there once, and find the airport quite fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
        yes there's a Plaza lounge at the LCCT - its more basic than the one at KLIA satellite terminal - but seems bigger with alot of seats and limited food but does have 6 desktop PCs for internet surfing - generally its not crowded and just a handful or a couple of pax only at the lounge. Taking AK is a safer bet as it have 8 flights a day to sin and also 3K and Tiger have a fairly weekly frequency of flight cancellations for its KUL-SIN sectors - so unless u absolutely must fly out on the same day - its safer to take AK.
        Thanks for your input. Maybe I can try to visit both lounge? I can visit the one at KLIA (likely to be flying SIN-KUL in 3K) and LCCT (KUL-SIN in AK). But wonder if it's possible to use the lounge when arriving at KUL..

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
          Thanks for your input. Maybe I can try to visit both lounge? I can visit the one at KLIA (likely to be flying SIN-KUL in 3K) and LCCT (KUL-SIN in AK). But wonder if it's possible to use the lounge when arriving at KUL..
          The plaza premium lounge requires an onward BP (although, since it's a pay lounge - they might perhaps turn a blind eye?)

Comment

May I humbly suggest ditching your 3K voucher and booking SIN-KUL-SIN on JL?

Believe me, you're saving yourself money + pain...

Comment

Plaza@KLIA seems strict that requires only onward boarding pass before entry as have seen the receptionist turn a pax away before as he does not have one - but if one is a Priority Pass member then it seems ok to go in after a flight.

Comment

May I humbly suggest ditching your 3K voucher and booking SIN-KUL-SIN on JL?

Believe me, you're saving yourself money + pain...
                Thanks for your advice. But then, they cost more than $300 on the dates I need to travel and their timing sort of don;t feed my schedule. I am looking for late morning/early afternoon departure for my onward journey and late afternoon/evening departure for my return trip.

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                Plaza@KLIA seems strict that requires only onward boarding pass before entry as have seen the receptionist turn a pax away before as he does not have one - but if one is a Priority Pass member then it seems ok to go in after a flight.
                While, I think no harm trying, I do have Priority Pass. Will update here if my attempt is sucessful. Wondering if the Maybank Horizon Visa Card entry to Plaza Premium is applicable @ LCCT. The Maybank Singapore website is quite ambiguous on this matter.

Comment

No problem, perhaps you should check the price on Zuji, as the 14-day maximum stay fares are only $139... but then again, flight times don't suit you, so no worries there.

Comment

and another option is actually MAS or MH as if one books more than 14 days ahead and usually on weekdays - MH have fairly low fares than JL too.

Comment

KLIA Transit to LCCT

Hi,

From this website, it seems that there is a KLIA Express train station at LCCT:
                      http://www.kliaekspres.com/erlsb/LCC...3/Default.aspx

However, I couldn't lcoate the LCCT train station on the airport map. Does that station actually refers to the KLIA station, whereby we still need to take a bus from KLIA?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                        Hi,

From this website, it seems that there is a KLIA Express train station at LCCT:
                        http://www.kliaekspres.com/erlsb/LCC...3/Default.aspx

However, I couldn't lcoate the LCCT train station on the airport map. Does that station actually refers to the KLIA station, whereby we still need to take a bus from KLIA?

Thanks again.
                        There is no stationification of the KLIA ekspress at the LCCT. You have to take a bus to the main terminalation to catch the train.

Comment

the KLIA express just recently launched their coach service from the LCCT to their nearest train station at Salak Tinggi station and not to the main KLIA terminal.

"Ride in comfort, all the way to LCCT.
                          KLIA Transit has always been one of the safest and most comfortable ways to travel to KLIA. And now, we've extended the service to include the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT).

Enjoy a smooth and stress-free connection to and from LCCT!
                          The ‘KLIA Transit to LCCT’ service offers you the added convenience of a connecting shuttle transfer to and from the LCCT. Just relax as you enjoy a high-speed train ride to the Salak Tinggi station, where our air-conditioned shuttle fleet awaits to whisk you directly to LCCT. Passengers arriving at LCCT can also enjoy this service as the KLIA Transit train is now just a shuttle ride away. There will also be porter assistance at the Salak Tinggi station to help with your luggage transfer between train and shuttle.

Ticketing Information
                          Tickets are available at the KLIA Transit counter at KL Sentral, Bandar Tasik Selatan, Putrajaya & Cyberjaya and LCCT International and Domestic Arrival Hall ticketing counters."

"

Comment

Hmm, I still think at minimum this will take 45-50 minutes all up. Making it only 5-10 minutes faster than a direct coach from KL Sentral. Someone should give it a go

Comment

Hmm, I still think at minimum this will take 45-50 minutes all up.
                              At the very least - if not longer.

Comment

SQFG, Kyo & flyguy: Thanks for your advice.

Think I will need to allow more time allowance. Anyway, I already got a free train (or rather, train+bus) ticket from KL Sentral to LCCT. So, I'll still keep to this mode of transport.

Btw, anyyone know the likely approach or take off direction at KLIA in mid-Oct? Not sure if I should take a seat on the left or right hand side of the plane. Hoping to be on the side of Sepang Circuit.

Comment

Working...
                                X