No announcement yet.

KUL Airport Guide (Non LCCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

=Kyo;85539]Viraj, by TR, do you mean Tiger Airways?

If yes, then it's in a completely separate terminal, and it's a fair distance that will involve a drive/bus ride to get to... (and that's probably why SQ won't be able to accommodate you under Unaccompanied Minor)
    Yes, I do mean Tiger Airways, Thanks Kyo, so I need to transit landside.
    Thank You,
    Viraj
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

The 2 terminal are a good 10-15 mins away from each other by Taxi. I think there's a shuttle between them as well but it is NOT a simple land-side transit.
      In addition, you'll need to clear immigration on both ends
      LCCT was a construction site some 3 weeks back, not very nice.
      For a 13 & 15 yo, I would suggest you come back on SQ and save your parents some worries

Comment

You need to transit landside and build in a HUGE layover. The LCCT, whilst in the same compound, is 18km away by road. Taxis have a habit of not liking to take you there, so you're going to be reliant on the shuttlebus you can catch in the basement. It's a fare of about RM 1.50, so not much, but the service is unreliable at best.

Comment

Why don't you take Jetstar Asia instead? If I'm not mistaken, they depart from the satellite terminal.

Comment

yes Jetstar asia uses the main KLIA airport - but it does not use the satellite terminal - but the main terminal which is better anyway as u dont have to wait for the "skytrain" and just walk out of the plane to the immigration arrival hall.

Comment

The thing is I'm on a tight budget, Tiger Airways costs only $25 but SQ will cost another 200. My total fare so far is $250 and if I change to jetstar it goes to $400.

Comment

strange jetstar shopuld not costs more than rm156 even on the eve of the flight - pls check again the site or call their call centre to book. Air asia n tiger would be rm60 depending on how many days ahead of yr flight.
                Give yrself time for the airport shuttle bus from klia to lcct - or else if by taxi - its gonna costs u fairly high abt rm30

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  You need to transit landside and build in a HUGE layover. The LCCT, whilst in the same compound, is 18km away by road. Taxis have a habit of not liking to take you there, so you're going to be reliant on the shuttlebus you can catch in the basement. It's a fare of about RM 1.50, so not much, but the service is unreliable at best.
                  Is 11.10am (SQ flight lands) to 2.35pm(Tiger Airways flight departs) enough time?

Comment

That's enough time

Comment

Note that Jetstar does not have Unaccompanied Minor services, but beats going to the LCCT tough

Comment

How about transiting within the airport itself, internationally - is there a facility to do a transit without going through Customs or Immigration?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
                          How about transiting within the airport itself, internationally - is there a facility to do a transit without going through Customs or Immigration?
                          yes, there is...

Comment

Transfer between LCCT and KLIA

Hi,

I would like know what are the options available for transfer b/w the LCCT and KLIA terminals.

Got this from the airport website:
                            http://lcct.klia.com.my/index.php?ch=8&pg=22
                            But how reliable are they? Had read elsewhere that the transfer services are quite unreliable, how true is it?

Also, where's the boarding place at LCCT for these buses?

Thanks.

Comment

Plaza Premium Lounge in KLIA vs LCCT

I will be visiting KUL next month. Perhaps somebody can compare and contrast the Plaza Premium Lounge in KLIA vs the one in LCCT?

Was quite surprised when I read that there is a lounge in LCCT. Wonder how is the standard of the lounge vs the one in KLIA.

I'm still undecided if I should book AK or 3K. I am quite impressed by the schedule flexibility offered by AK, but 3K departs from the main terminal. Perhaps the lounge offering can be the tie breaker?

Thanks again.

Comment

AK departs from Changi's main terminal also

Tie broken!

Comment

Working...
                                X