No announcement yet.

HKG - Hong Kong Chek Lap Kok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 3 hours enough to clear immigrations and check-in again (and clear immigrations again) at HKG?

I am arriving on CX at around 1035AM, then I have a flight on TG leaving around 1325. I don't plan to check-in luggage, and the two flights are on separate tickets.

I haven't been to HKG in two years and was wondering if this is still a busy time for arrivals and immigrations processing.

Thanks for any info!

Comment

You'll be fine with 3 hours

Comment

Three hours is more than enough but I'm wondering if you need to go through immigration at all?

The Thai transfer counter should be able to help you out with that inside. Alternatively check-in online before catching your CX flight then head to the HKG transfer counter to print out your boarding pass. I've done the latter a few times, even with luggage being checked right through.

Comment

Thanks!

I am wondering if I can use the transfer counters to check my bags and get my boarding pass, but still exit and clear immigrations afterwards? (...just to get my frequent visitor card swiped/ renewed ).

Comment

That's a different story.....if you are going out anyway, you may as well check in at the proper Thai counter.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies!

I think I will go with option 1 and use the transfer counters.

Comment

Hi all, newbie here so pls pardon my noob questions

I'm travelling in March next year frm SIN to TPE via HKG flying with CX and KA (dunno if that's the correct linggo for DragonAir ).

The thing is my CX flight from SIN reaches HKG at 10.45 , but my KA flight to TPE departs at 12.20. Will I be able to make it in time? What are the procedures for transit, anyway? straight to the other gate or...
                What if for some reason, (touch wood) the flight from SIN got delayed and I land at HKG at, say, 12.10? Will CX direct me to the next flight w/o further payment?

And one more thing. According to my itinerary ,my flight back frm TPE to HKG is operated by Dragon Air (KA5475) using A340-300 . Bt a quick check with wikipedia tells me that KA doesn't have any of those. So does it mean that the flight will be operated by CX?

Thanks a lot in advance and looking forward to hearing from you seniors

Warmest regards to u all!

Comment

If its all 1 ticket, you can travel in peace, CX will just rebook you on another flight.

Yes, the 343 will be operated by cx

Comment

Originally posted by kaybee View Post
                    I'm travelling in March next year frm SIN to TPE via HKG flying with CX and KA (dunno if that's the correct linggo for DragonAir ).

The thing is my CX flight from SIN reaches HKG at 10.45 , but my KA flight to TPE departs at 12.20. Will I be able to make it in time? What are the procedures for transit, anyway? straight to the other gate or...
                    What if for some reason, (touch wood) the flight from SIN got delayed and I land at HKG at, say, 12.10? Will CX direct me to the next flight w/o further payment?

And one more thing. According to my itinerary ,my flight back frm TPE to HKG is operated by Dragon Air (KA5475) using A340-300 . Bt a quick check with wikipedia tells me that KA doesn't have any of those. So does it mean that the flight will be operated by CX?

Thanks a lot in advance and looking forward to hearing from you seniors

Warmest regards to u all!
                    Welcome to SQTalk

An hour and a half is more than enough time to make the connection, assuming your inbound flight is on time (but you can't dilly dally either). If your flight from SIN is delayed and you miss your connection the airline is obligated to rebook you on the next flight, so no worries. If it's just a bit late there should be ground staff waiting for you after you step off the aircraft to help expedite your transit.

Unlike SIN, departing and arriving passengers are segregated at HKG. When you step off the aircraft you'll be directed to the arrivals level. Follow the signs and clear transit security before heading one level up to the departures area.

And yes, the flight should be operated by CX. It's rather strange that you're booked on CX metal for both sectors but with a KA flight number on HKG-TPE. Not that it makes a difference, though.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info, guys!! really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                      X