X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non-KAL bus route guide:
    http://www.airportlimousine.co.kr/route/route_eng.htm

Comment

Ok - my Seoulite colleague knows precisely what route I was talking about. I know exactly what to do now

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        It does? When I took it Nov'08 and Apr'09, it went pass the Ibis, turned the corner and stopped at a bus stop. Took about 2-3 mins to walk back to the Ibis.

you mean 6015 only started 2 months back??? strange, I've taken it twice already.
        yes, its non-KAL but less expensive. OK, less legroom/width also. 2-2 vs 2-1
        Sorry, haven't got a clue. Have never taken it myself. Just parroting what front desk told me.

Comment

Does anyone know what stop do I need to have for the JW Marriott? The JW Marriott website lists the bus numer (6040) but doesn't list the stop. I'm asking this because I want to check the schedule, but one needs to select a hotel at the KAL Limousine website in order to find the schedule - I can't select a bus number.

Comment

Sorry I can't answer about the Marriott as I haven't stayed there, but I would think your best bet is to just go straight to where the bus leaves from and get on the first one. The longest I have waiting is about 30 minutes.

On a related note, I read recently of some fatalities on one of these KAL limo buses going to or from ICN. Did it crash or something ?.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              It does? When I took it Nov'08 and Apr'09, it went pass the Ibis, turned the corner and stopped at a bus stop. Took about 2-3 mins to walk back to the Ibis.

you mean 6015 only started 2 months back??? strange, I've taken it twice already.
              yes, its non-KAL but less expensive. OK, less legroom/width also. 2-2 vs 2-1
              I know this is kinda of a late response - but yes, 6015 stops SMACK in front (not 50m, 100m away where people still kinda take the liberty to call it "in front of" )
              of the ibis Myeong-Dong.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Sorry I can't answer about the Marriott as I haven't stayed there, but I would think your best bet is to just go straight to where the bus leaves from and get on the first one. The longest I have waiting is about 30 minutes.

On a related note, I read recently of some fatalities on one of these KAL limo buses going to or from ICN. Did it crash or something ?.
                Sorry, I might have been unclear. I was referring to the right bus stop at ICN. I've split up my stay in Seoul, two nights at the JW Marriott and two at the Park Hyatt. Therefore, I only need the bus stop for the JW Marriott.. I've tried Google Maps to try to find the hotel closest to the JW but everything is in Korean..
                Last edited by FlyingDan; 14 July 2010, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  I know this is kinda of a late response - but yes, 6015 stops SMACK in front (not 50m, 100m away where people still kinda take the liberty to call it "in front of" )
                  of the ibis Myeong-Dong.
                  Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

I would take the KAL bus anytime, also to the Marriott. Very professional in every aspect and comfortable ride. Just took it to the Millenium Hilton last night again. Two times an hour from around 4am to 10.30pm.

And regarding the crashed bus, it was not a KAL one but a regular connection from Incheon City to ICN. Very unfortunate accident.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      of the ibis Myeong-Dong.
                      If I remember correctly, the KAL bus stops like 100 meters away from the Ibis in Myeong Dong.... and to catch the KAL bus to airport, it would be best to walked across to Lotte Hotel..
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                        If I remember correctly, the KAL bus stops like 100 meters away from the Ibis in Myeong Dong.... and to catch the KAL bus to airport, it would be best to walked across to Lotte Hotel..
                        Correct. The KAL bus stops in front of the lotte and you need to walk via the underpass to get to the Ibis Myeong Dong.

The 6015 bus - is not a KAL bus, however, and does stop right at the Ibis Myeong Dong.

Comment

As of 29/DEC/2010, AREX line will be connected all the way to Seoul Train Station.

Passengers travelling on KE, OZ, SQ, QF, QR and a number of code-share flights operated by KE/OZ marketed by other carriers will be able to check-in at Seoul Train Station.

Luggages will make their own way from Seoul Train Station hence eliminating the need to check-in at ICN check-in counters. Passengers will be able to proceed directly to designated immigration for those who checked-in at Seoul Station.

Express Train (Non-stop) will cost around US$10 whilst Normal Train will cost around US$5. However the travelling time difference between these 2 types of trains is around 10 minutes. It is important to note that check-in facilities at Seoul Station will only be offered to those travelling on Express Train however this service will also be offered to those travelling on Normal Train for a short period of time (introductory promotional period).

This service could be the best choice for those staying at hotels in downtown.

Since I live in a suburb south of the river, I'll stick with bus

Comment

thanks for useful info - am glad that there will now be a direct train to Seoul city centre but do you happen to know whether its difficult to connect from the train to the subway system?

Comment

Subway line no.1 and no.4 run through Seoul Station.

Comment

Intending to take the AREX from Seoul to ICN for an upcoming trip (OZ boarding pass gives 50% discount) and because I'm leaving Seoul during rush hour and experience has told me that on occasion it takes >2hrs for the bus journey.

How easy/hard is it to find the ticketing area/actual line within Seoul Station for AREX?

Comment

Working...
                                X