"This flight was daylight robbery. SQ324 20 June 2020."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "This flight was daylight robbery. SQ324 20 June 2020."

A business class passenger posted this public feedback on SQ's Facebook page about a recent flight SQ324 from Singapore to Amsterdam, which was operating based on the current COVID-19 inflight service format, which cuts back on the level of cabin service and F&B.

https://www.facebook.com/6352578678/...8683057778679/

Lots of opinions already shared on Facebook in response to this post, but it would be interesting to hear what SQTalkers make of this.

Bl@@dy lucky he can go anywhere.......seriously hope it was a really important trip.

~100,000 deaths per month, mostly alone, and he can't get champagne or a "special goodbye"? Seems to be still living in his bubble.

I think price was already fair, for July, good even. I've seen prices over SGD8 and 9k for summer flights in normal years but learned a few years ago that, flying J, I don't necessarily pay for champagne, food etc. on board, I pay for overall door-to-door service and a BED - this, more so, on those long haul overnight SG-EU flights.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      A business class passenger posted this public feedback on SQ's Facebook page about a recent flight SQ324 from Singapore to Amsterdam, which was operating based on the current COVID-19 inflight service format, which cuts back on the level of cabin service and F&B.

Lots of opinions already shared on Facebook in response to this post, but it would be interesting to hear what SQTalkers make of this.
      Very entitled, reeks of elitism and DYKWIA.
      "worst of all, no special goodbye by the chief steward for loyal customers"
      He must be a fool expecting the same level of service during this time. Airlines all around the world, including SQ, are threading water trying to stay afloat, yet he accuses them of being "greedy for money". SQ's not a charity, they still have overheads and costs to cover.

Perhaps he's missing some drama in his life and needed an outlet...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post

I fail to see how he had no knowledge of the service curtailment. Singapore Airlines, had through its CEO, issued a statement to every Krisflyer member on April 1st, 2020, of the changes to be instituted. This announcement was complemented by information released on the airlines' public website, to reach a wider audience outside of the Krisflyer pool. The complainant mentions of the Singapore Airlines call centre having assured him of no changes to service offerings, in current times of the pandemic. In my opinion, this is hard to believe that an employee would make such blind and bold assurances, outside of the norm of the airline's communications, and to what others in the industry is already doing. The complainant is a complete arse for sure, but Singapore Airlines has since brought back Champagne.

Comment

He should have flown with Emirates or Qatar as these airlines claims to have very minimal service curtailment in their F and J classes and even still provide limo service.

Comment

For me, I know about the service curtailment.

But I will still pay for J class as it is in a way a "by-default" social distancing especially when the countries I usually fly to are currently having the highest cases.

Provided I really have a very important need to fly that is.
            Last edited by ponders; 30 July 2020, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X