Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post

Don't they stamp the date on those things?[/SIZE]
    On the outbound, the BKK check-in agents for sure write out names, flight numbers, and dates on the fast track card. Inbound, I think the one distributed by SQ on board sometimes has a date stamp IIRC
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Is there a particular time of day that immigration lines (arrival and departure) are less congested at Suvarnabhumi?

Comment

I had a 3.30 flight on Saturday. With it being so bad I thought I had better get to the airport at 1pm. Got there no queue at check in, then totaly shock no queue at immigration, a bit of queue at security but no more than 5 minutes and I was through in the departure area by 1.15.

I hope they have fixed things rather than this just being a freaky one off

Comment

Was just at BKK at ~5am heading out of the airport and ~4pm heading airside. No lines as well at immigration.

Comment

Look at this video I took of aircraft queuing behind me. This was after we waited 30 mins in the queue to depart.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69eSLIepf2Y

filmed at end of January, 13 aircraft behind us!
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
              Look at this video I took of aircraft queuing behind me. This was after we waited 30 mins in the queue to depart.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69eSLIepf2Y

filmed at end of January, 13 aircraft behind us!
              Thanks, Sqdazz.

Fantastic to see how the wings curved upwards as it lifted the ~350 ton plane up on take-off. Sorry OT.

I would hate to be the 13th plane on the queue. Fortunately I see no 380s - would've had to take even longer to let the wash subside.

Comment

Sunday afternoon wasn't to bad to be honest, maybe only 6-8 per queue from what I could see. They have reopened one of the closed areas apparently.

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post

Don't they stamp the date on those things? I've never needed to use the fast track line as I need a visa on arrival. I usually use "special" line (god knows who it's actually for) which incurs a 500 baht "administration fee" that doesn't end up on the receipt. The standard line for VoA is pretty busy but no way near as crowded as the Fast Track lines. I happened to beat my partner (used the Fast Track line), sometimes needing a visa on arrival is a blessing in disguise. *
                They are stamped with the airline name but I have used an (old) SQ Fast Track Pass after flying in on various airlines. They never checked.

Having said that I flew up on SQ on Sunday and they gave out some new Gold Fast Track passes, which now have a serial number stamped on them. These are for use in the middle immigration section that crew use, not to the right hand side that TG use. I again tried to not hand it over but he asked for it and also asked me to put my surname in the box on the pass so maybe they are tightening up.

BTW, how come you need a VoA, what Passport are you using ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

BTW, how come you need a VoA, what Passport are you using ?.
                  I too received the new gold Fast Track pass. Currently using an Indian passport thus requiring a visa for most countries. Have applied for a Singapore passport as I am eligible.
                  The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

No fast track card from MH but it took us all of 20 mins between disembarking from the plane and jumping into the hotel car. It was dead quiet when we arrived at 10am.

Now at the new Sofitel 'So' Bangkok - fab, fab place! Cool factor right up there with some of my fave Ws. (caveat for MAN Flyer - it has the same double lift issue as the WGS which I know thrills you to bits...)

Hopefully it will also be as hassle free when we leave in a few days.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

By way of conclusion:
                      We got an MH Premium Lane invitation card (stamped and dated, with passenger and flight details) for departure. Sped through security and immigration seamlessly in under 5 mins as the 2 of us were the only people using the Premium Lane. Colour me impressed. Now sitting in the TG J lounge which MH uses at concourse E. Not nearly as nice as the bigger TG lounge at the other end of the airport but we're departing from G4. ( Edited to add: In fact it's pretty subpar. No wine or bubbles. Only a small selection of spirits and beer.)

FWIW We saw the regular security screening queues on our way airside and they did look pretty long.
                      Last edited by KeithMEL; 3 April 2012, 01:43 PM.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Long queues on arrival at 6pm today, trust AOT to make a tolerable situation worse...

Comment

Didn't think the queues would be a problem this time Kyo

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                            Didn't think the queues would be a problem this time Kyo
                            Haha, you're right - TG J fast track does come in very handy

Comment

The not so mystery h--g b-o must have helped

Comment

Lol, not in this case as TG J guarantees it already. If we are in coach in the future it will come in handy eventually, for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X