KUL Airport Guide (Non LCCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slacker View Post
    Btw, anyyone know the likely approach or take off direction at KLIA in mid-Oct? Not sure if I should take a seat on the left or right hand side of the plane. Hoping to be on the side of Sepang Circuit.
    Nothing fixed. Tonight coming home it was a 32L landing.

If you want to see the track - you'll need a 32R departure and an early rotation.

It's about halfway down from the piano keys. TORA from there is about 4000 and a bit meters so if you're going a long way in a heavily fueled plane, you'll miss it.

Comment

Sorry do dig up an old thread, but I think it's better to use this one.

I'll be flying in from HKG, then connecting to Penang. Are there any interesting things to do while waiting for my connecting flight? (about 3 hours connection). Or would it be better to go over to the domestic side, if there's anything better to do there. And no - I don't hold any FFP that lets me into any lounge in KUL.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance711 View Post
        Sorry do dig up an old thread, but I think it's better to use this one.

I'll be flying in from HKG, then connecting to Penang. Are there any interesting things to do while waiting for my connecting flight? (about 3 hours connection). Or would it be better to go over to the domestic side, if there's anything better to do there. And no - I don't hold any FFP that lets me into any lounge in KUL.

Thanks
        For a start there isn't much to do in KUL, not even near Changi's standard. If you're flying in from HKG you will most likely arrive at the Satellite terminal (unofficially called Terminal 2), and you can do some shopping there. There is also the Plaza Premium Lounge, where you can pay to enter it. When it's time hop onto the aerotrain which takes you to the main terminal, then to the domestic side. There is a viewing area but I think it's in the public area.
        Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

I did a Int'l to Dom connection at KUL back in '07. Then there was nothing in the Dom side. I'm doubtful if anything has changed so I think you're better off hanging in the Satellite area.

Comment

Working...
          X