Delta's "New" 747s at Changi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta's "New" 747s at Changi.

When will we get to see Delta's new 747s (recycled Northwest's 747s) at Changi Airport, now that Delta has merged with NW?

I believe that at least one 747 has been repainted.

BTW - I think that Delta's livery is very unattractive. I like their uniforms though.

Caravelle

I like their corporate ID. It's a bit generic though. Using Frutiger, an ultra stylized logo is just so 2007. Anyway, it looks nice.

The 747 looks awesome apart from the too small DELTA sign. The tailfin looks great
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Spot the plane in HKG last Wed while waiting for SQ1 departure at the morning...& the crowd of the ground staff looks very excited...l

Arrived at HKG on Dec 16 as NW11 & left on Dec 17 as NW12

The exact schedule as follow after I spoke with the NW staff at the boarding gate.

DL 1st 744 flight departed on Dec 15 from DTW => NRT => HKG, staying overnight at HKG then on heading to NRT => LAX

Dec 17 LAX => NRT => PVG
      Dec 19 PVG => NRT => MSP
      Dec 21 MSP => NRT => MNL
      Dec 21 MNL => NRT => DTW

Comment

NW actually operates A330s into Changi, so the 747s won't be here on scheduled flights. However from pictures on Airliners.net NW 747s have been spotted here occasionally before, so there is a chance of seeing them in Delta colours in future.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
          NW actually operates A330s into Changi, so the 747s won't be here on scheduled flights. However from pictures on Airliners.net NW 747s have been spotted here occasionally before, so there is a chance of seeing them in Delta colours in future.
          I've taken NW's A330s from Changi and 744s from Tokyo (to Detroit) 6 months ago.

I wonder if they're still going to be usng those 744s I saw there. Cant remeber the plane numbers but they look like they're in a pretty sorry state.
          Last edited by concept|infinit; 31 December 2008, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Just fount out that NW20/19 operates SIN/NRT on the A330 and the NRT/US sector on the 744. The 744 sector has been operated by the Delta 744, picture on A.net:
            http://www.airliners.net/photo/Delta...ext_id=1449765

Comment

Working...
            X