• Show
Clear All

• [JFK] - AF Sky Team Lounge

An interesting discussion about ST lounges at JFK was here:
    http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...7865#post27865

therefore i decided to post a video....

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

.... and some pics from the lounge.

There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Comment

Hi LukeGT,
        I was denied entry at this lounge when flying AZ C recently. Isn't it the rules on ST stating that when flying C or F in one ST airlines, the pax can visit another ST airlines' lounge? Did I encountered a dragon at this lounge?

Gracias,
        SkyTeamFlyer

Comment

Yes, that's the ST rule, but many ST lounges use the argument of "we're busy right now," or "you can use the Northwest Lounge next door." I've encounted these arguments at the Korean Airlines lounge in Narita and the Air France lounge in Narita.

In the case of the Korean Air lounge, I asked to speak to the manager, who spoke to me on the phone. He said it would be "very difficult" to let me in. I said no it would be very easy. So he told the desk clerk to let me in on a one time exception. I promptly went to the computer to print out the ST rules and gave it to the clerk who had claimed I was trying to use ST rules incorrectly posted by NWA.

It seems the ST lounges recognize status better than the business and first class access rule.

Oh, so then I wrote an e-mail to the Korean Air website and got a reply that I was correct and they would fix the problem at Narita. I don't know if they did though.

Comment

Working...
          X