Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    SQ378|07MAY (SIN-MXP-BCN) operated by 9V-SMR is currently returning to SIN, cruising at only 15,000ft.

SQ378R
    ETA: 0541
    Gate: B8

SQ378D
    STD: 0815
    Gate: B7
    SQ 378 just departed Changi at 9.07am and using aircraft 9V-SML

Comment

• https://www.news18.com/news/auto/del...d-2133657.html

A Delhi-Bound Singapore Airlines flight SQ-406 carrying 228 people onboard made a safe landing at the runway 28 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport after a full emergency was declared. ANI reported - "Full emergency was declared for Singapore Airlines SQ 406 Singapore-Delhi flight having 228 people on board, today. The flight landed safely on runway 28 at the Delhi airport."

The Airbus 380-800 reportedly faced a nosewheel problem before landing. Further details are awaited.

8 May 2019 SQ403 - 9V-SKI

Comment

• That's a very low load for a A380 and wonder what's the average load on this flight. Otherwise it would be a waste to use the A380 on this route.

Comment

• Originally posted by spaceheep View Post
          https://www.news18.com/news/auto/del...d-2133657.html

A Delhi-Bound Singapore Airlines flight SQ-406 carrying 228 people onboard made a safe landing at the runway 28 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport after a full emergency was declared. ANI reported - "Full emergency was declared for Singapore Airlines SQ 406 Singapore-Delhi flight having 228 people on board, today. The flight landed safely on runway 28 at the Delhi airport."

The Airbus 380-800 reportedly faced a nosewheel problem before landing. Further details are awaited.

8 May 2019 SQ403 - 9V-SKI
          The return SQ403|08MAY (DEL-SIN) has been delayed for 17 hours.

STD: 2155
          ETD: 1500 (09MAY)
          STA: 0610+1
          PETA: 2245 (09MAY)
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Don't think there was an emergency.

CNA includes a quote from SIA: "The crew did not declare an emergency, and we would like to reiterate that at no point were any of the passengers or crew on board in any danger," SIA said.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ystem-11516326

But ST says it was an emergency landing: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ding-gear-area

Comment

• Originally posted by Crosscheck View Post
              Don't think there was an emergency.

CNA includes a quote from SIA: "The crew did not declare an emergency, and we would like to reiterate that at no point were any of the passengers or crew on board in any danger," SIA said.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ystem-11516326

But ST says it was an emergency landing: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ding-gear-area
              Quick, call Shanmugam.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                That's a very low load for a A380 and wonder what's the average load on this flight. Otherwise it would be a waste to use the A380 on this route.
                This was also my thoughts. There were only 203 passengers with 25 crews. Its like a 50% load.

I have never had a chance to experience of a 50% load on an SQ flight ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                  This was also my thoughts. There were only 203 passengers with 25 crews. Its like a 50% load.

The demand are from Delhi to sin.
                  9/May SQ403 1 Y seat left, 3 PE seat left
                  10/May SQ403 zero Y seat left 6 PE seat left
                  10/May SQ401 1 Y seat left
                  11/May SQ403/401 Y seat all sold, 2 PE seats left
                  12/May SQ403 5 Y seat n 5 PE seats SQ401 Y sold out
                  13/May SQ403 5 Y seat SQ401 sold out
                  14/May SQ403/401 Y seats all sold out
                  15/May SQ403 5 Y seats left. ,SQ401 3 Y seats left

All the Y seats are flexi tickets.
                  Based on this , that why they deploy A380 n 787-10.

Comment

Tip: Depart from SIN on the evening of 26DEC for smaller European destinations.

Comment

My own experience of light loads in Y where I had the whole row to myself (window to window!):
                      30/12 (Tues) SQ600 SIN-ICN
                      26/5 (Mon) SQ297 SIN-CHC

Comment

• SQ516 SIN-CCU | 9MAY19 | 9V-SSE diverted to DAC. SQ517, the return flight from CCU departed 2h48 late at 02:38.

SQ377 BCN-MXP-SIN | 9MAY19 | 9V-SMQ departed Barcelona 2h21 behind schedule at 12:31 and the MXP-SIN sector took off at 15:06, 2h06 late.

Comment

• SQ452|10MAY (SIN-MLE) returned to gate due to an administrative lapse. The flight subsequently departed about 2hours late.
                          STD: 2045
                          ATD: 2318

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                            SQ452|10MAY (SIN-MLE) returned to gate due to an administrative lapse. The flight subsequently departed about 2hours late.
                            STD: 2045
                            ATD: 2318
                            Nope, not admin lapse. It was an auto flight issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                              That's a very low load for a A380 and wonder what's the average load on this flight. Otherwise it would be a waste to use the A380 on this route.
                              Btw, the return flight (SQ403D) have 389 pax. Believe a few more might be move to SQ401 on that morning.

Comment

• SQ807 PEK-SIN | 11MAY19 | 9V-SKF departed Beijing 2h45 late at 19:20 and arriving in Singapore at 00:52, 1h52 behind schedule.

9V-SKF was then turned around and used for SQ231 SIN-SYD | 12MAY19 departing just over 2 hours late at 02:47 and arriving in SYD at 11:35, 1h10 late.
                                Last edited by Bon; 12 May 2019, 03:15 PM. Reason: Flight number correction - Thanks 9V-SPL

Comment

Working...
                                X