SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    I thought they where only refitting 13 of the 19 77W's?
    The official announcement (made quite some time ago) was that all 77Ws would be refitted.

There's been a lot of speculation and hearsay on here about how it may now not be all 19 of the original batch. If someone can provide a credible source to confirm it, then I'll believe it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      The official announcement (made quite some time ago) was that all 77Ws would be refitted.

There's been a lot of speculation and hearsay on here about how it may now not be all 19 of the original batch. If someone can provide a credible source to confirm it, then I'll believe it.
      I know, people kept saying how only 9V-SWJ-T and maybe the 77WNs are only getting fitted with PEY because they think it will be done by September 2016 (Their original plan). They were only guesses from what people have brought. But I have to agree with you, I don't believe it because enough articles have explicitly pointed out that ALL original 19 77Ws used for longhaul are going to be refitted whether or not it takes until 2017. And OnAir said that SQ plans to install GX Aviation on the refitted 77Ws to aid with the refits because they're focusing on the 77Ws first.

Also correct me if I am wrong but once some 77Ws get freed from routes that only need the capacity of then A350 (e.g. AMS, maybe MXP, BCN, etc), it is likely those freed 77Ws will get a refit as well along with another 77W at the same time right? Also please keep a watch on 9V-SWS, it's been out since Tuesday (4/26). It is our possible next suspect for refit to 77WR.
      Last edited by SQfanatic; 1 May 2016, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• Obviously it's simple enough to tell SWQ is not refitted otherwise even if it had a 77WT configuration it would simply perform a test-flight as SQ8877. The fact it didn't tells you that they made a choice to abort refit on SWQ like a poster said. No test flight and just performing another revenue flight after weeks tells you only some deep maintenance was involved and no refit on the plane like what happened to 9V-SWI back in January. I think the JNB/CPT 77WR postponement is the result of the delayed refits of SWQ, SWR, but only 9V-SWS is probably for sure undergoing a refit. In 4-5 more weeks we will find out for sure if it has for sure hatched from a test flight as SQ8877.

Comment

• 9V-SVI has now been out of the air an incredibly long time now. Will be interesting to see if it is heavy maintenance or might include ex-77W equipment.

Both 9V-SYH and SYL haven't flown for almost a week- another two to watch. Either could be the 773 due to depart the fleet soon or equally could be a repeat of SYI and be the second/second and third old 773 to get ex-77W seats and IFE installed.

Comment

• We flew 9V-SVE last Weds from BKK-SIN, she was in decent condition and we were pleasantly surprised to get longhaul seats instead of regional ones even though it was a short hop back to SG.

Comment

• 9V-SYL just performed an A/T as SQ8877 today (11MAY16).
              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                9V-SYL just performed an A/T as SQ8877 today (11MAY16).
                I've always suspected it might be the other leased 773. It makes sense for SYK and SYL to be the two- arrived a lot later than some of the others and perhaps were an add-on order, like SVO was.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                  9V-SYL just performed an A/T as SQ8877 today (11MAY16).
                  It took off this morning for CGK an hour or so ago. Business as usual it seems now.

Comment

• With the A350 going to AMS, seems like some changes are taking place with the 77W fleet:

SQ806/801 SIN-PEK are 77W daily, and though we will wait more days, is PEK scheduled for a daily 77WN like HND (SQ636/631)? They have gotten the 77WN off SQ1 and other days 77WN off SQ631. However, SQ2 usually gets either an extra 77WN frame waiting or a frame off SQ319 since for Summer it arrives early enough to prep for SQ2.

Also, speaking of LHR, Wednesdays only, SQ308 turns back as SQ319 with older 77W equipment whereas SQ318 turns back as SQ321 with the 77WN arriving late to turn around to SQ2, so instead will go as SQ227/228 or SQ636/631.

SQ836/825 are daily 77W but have the older equipment like both MEL routes (SQ217/218/237/238).

So far 9V-SWS is still presumed undergoing refit to 77WR configuration (Somehow they aborted the refit on SWQ and SWR so far). I wonder what will be done when most (or all) of the 77W gets converted to 77WR? Put it on these routes like MEL, PVG, PEK, etc? PEK did have a 77WR at one point in March and April. It's pretty interesting to see the changes after the A359 got deployed to AMS.

Comment

• As I known, it has not official announced that SQ 806/801 will be operated by 77W daily at this moment. Therefore, I guess it is operated by 77W instead of 773 temperarily because of the SYH and SYL in maintenance these days. As it shown on schedule table, from coming Friday it will still run by 773. Maybe it will change to 77W when more A350 delivered.

In selected days of March and April, PEK route SQ 802/807 was operated by 77WR instead of A380 just because the flight is PEY configurations.

Comment

• Originally posted by heninkk View Post
                        As I known, it has not official announced that SQ 806/801 will be operated by 77W daily at this moment. Therefore, I guess it is operated by 77W instead of 773 temperarily because of the SYH and SYL in maintenance these days. As it shown on schedule table, from coming Friday it will still run by 773. Maybe it will change to 77W when more A350 delivered.
                        I'm flying SQ806 next Wednesday and it is a 77W. So I think this is a permanent change.

Comment

• I hope it will change to 77w soon. I usually fly SQ 801 and the 77WN is much better than old 773.

Comment

• Originally posted by heninkk View Post
                            I hope it will change to 77w soon. I usually fly SQ 801 and the 77WN is much better than old 773.
                            I avoid flying SQ801 as I find it hard to sleep on the 773 J seats on the redeye. Instead, I fly CA, which has a flight exactly at the same time with lie-flat seats. Now I can finally say goodbye to CA.

Comment

• SVI is back in the air again and immediately SVJ stopped flying. Something is going on with these planes but at this point I'm going to assume it may just be a regular maintenance cycle.

Comment

• So PEK (SQ806/801) is getting 77WN mostly off SQ631. I am under the assumption it will be a daily 77WN. Looks like SQ is making some good use of their 77WN and not letting them go to waste. I.E. After SQ228 returns from MEL, it initially stayed parked overnight until next day afternoon performing SQ318/319. However if it is the case, they have sent it on many ad hocs, like MNL which got SWW quite a good number of times, PVG (SQ828/831 in some cases) and also the 2nd HND flight a few times off SQ1.

Good to see SQ2/1 are not affected from switching from 77WN to 77W. When Winter comes, they will have a frame coming from HND for a good turnaround for SFO and also a frame of SQ1 to protect SQ2.

Comment

Working...
                                X