SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    Probably one of the MEL routes could go from 77W to 77WR but so far not at the moment. From an observational point of view, going from a A380 or old cabin 77W to a 77WR is an upgrade in terms of the cabin products (A downgrade in terms of size if from an A380 to a 77W)
    Correct. MEL flights are far too tightly packed most of the time to be able to reduce the total number of seats available. It would mean having to go A380 on SQ227/8 again or adding a 5th flight like they do for SYD.

SQ has done very well out of QF's decision to team with EK via Dubai. Lots of older travellers who know Changi well did not like the idea of flying via DXB.

Comment

• With SQ 241/242 upgraded to B777-300, that means 4 out of 5 services from SYD will now fitted with First Class.

I wonder if the demand for First Class from Sydney is that high that justifies 4x Daily F class service, totaling 32 F Seats per day?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        Ok, here are the rotations that are happening from May 8/9 (source = PDF timetable):

AMS- SQ324/3 B77W becomes A359 daily (frees up 1.5 x 77W)
        MEL- SQ207/8 A330 becomes B772ER (from SYD)
        MEL- SQ237/8 B773 becomes B77W (from AMS)
        PVG- SQ836/25 A330 becomes B77W (from AMS)
        SYD- SQ241/2 B772ER becomes B773 (from MEL)

Two A359s free up 1.5 77Ws to cascade down to freeing up an A330 to leave the fleet. No 777s are freed to leave the fleet due to the above, suggesting that on the whole, the A330s will leave before the older B777s do.
        Also, SIA is downgrading HKG from A330 to B772 again!

SQ 857 A330 --> B772
        SQ 891 A330 --> B772
        SQ 871 A330 --> B772

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
          Also, SIA is downgrading HKG from A330 to B772 again!

SQ 857 A330 --> B772
          SQ 891 A330 --> B772
          SQ 871 A330 --> B772
          There weren't any changes listed on the PDF for HKG. Just a mixed bag of various craft. When are these changes meant to happen/did happen?

Comment

There weren't any changes listed on the PDF for HKG. Just a mixed bag of various craft. When are these changes meant to happen/did happen?

SQ890/891 A333 to B772 some time ago....I believe earlier this year
            SQ860/863 Remains A388
            SQ856/861 Remains A333
            SQ866/865 Remains B77WR (though was served by A333 over the last weekend; not sure if it becomes are permanent feature)
            SQ872/871 A333 to B772 beginning 28 Mar
            SQ2/1 Remains B77WN
            SQ868/857 A333 to B772 beginning 28 Mar

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
              SQ890/891 A333 to B772 some time ago....I believe earlier this year
              SQ860/863 Remains A388
              SQ856/861 Remains A333
              SQ866/865 Remains B77WR (though was served by A333 over the last weekend; not sure if it becomes are permanent feature)
              SQ872/871 A333 to B772 beginning 28 Mar
              SQ2/1 Remains B77WN
              SQ868/857 A333 to B772 beginning 28 Mar
              Ah I see, that explains why there's no mention of the change in the timetable commencing 1 April as it's already in place. BKK seems to have scored one of the A330s off HKG, maybe another is going to extra CMB/BNE/SYD flights and also so A330s can be returned to lessors. Means going back to the old, limited IFE which is a pain and these old 772s aren't going away anytime soon... Good news is that SQ866/5 is staying B77W.

Comment

• There are some problems or maintenance issues with the 772ER SV series craft it would appear, so the A359s really can't come fast enough. SVI hasn't seen service for over 2 weeks and SVL is now also out of action the past couple of days leading to a very delayed JNB/CPT flight being left to the "unrefitted one" SVF.

SVF has been doing a lot of the longer hauls recently while many of the refits that are in service have been fluffing around on flights to MLE or MNL which could really have been covered by plenty of other craft. In the last week FCO, HKG, SYD & JNB have all been treated to a retro purple space-bed experience.

Comment

There are some problems or maintenance issues with the 772ER SV series craft it would appear, so the A359s really can't come fast enough. SVI hasn't seen service for over 2 weeks and SVL is now also out of action the past couple of days leading to a very delayed JNB/CPT flight being left to the "unrefitted one" SVF.

SVF has been doing a lot of the longer hauls recently while many of the refits that are in service have been fluffing around on flights to MLE or MNL which could really have been covered by plenty of other craft. In the last week FCO, HKG, SYD & JNB have all been treated to a retro purple space-bed experience.
                  Could it be that SQ is refitting them with the updated IFE and 2006 Y seats? I certainly hope so. SVG was out a couple of weeks back for a period of time and I'm curious if that plane has the updated IFE.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                    Could it be that SQ is refitting them with the updated IFE and 2006 Y seats? I certainly hope so. SVG was out a couple of weeks back for a period of time and I'm curious if that plane has the updated IFE.
                    I'll be surprised if that's the case. They're already on their way out of the fleet, and have undergone the 2006 J refurb not too long ago.

Comment

• 9V-SVH just performed a test flight in all-white livery.
                      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

SVG is really too old to be bothering to refit I think. I'm not convinced they will even do all of the 773s - SYF would be 15 by the time the refit was done even if they started soon.

The SV* series that were leased to BI (SVA-H) I expect to see depart once they get a decent number of A359s in, especially SVF and SVG as they were leased for much longer than SVB/C/E. If SVI is currently being fitted with 2006Y I'd be very surprised, but not nearly as surprised as if it was SVG getting new anything.

Comment

• How long before we see the 77W retirements?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                            How long before we see the 77W retirements?
                            I'd say that depends if any are leased or not. I didn't think any were but I have a recollection that someone mentioned once that there were a small number.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                              How long before we see the 77W retirements?
                              Probably not for a while as I don't think SQ would bother to do such an extensive refit (new seats in all classes and new IFE) to the entire 77W fleet if they only plan to keep them for a short-term basis. In addition to that, SQ hasn't ordered any replacement for the 77Ws yet, also indicating that retirement is still some ways off. I'm predicting that the first batch of 77Ws will leave the fleet in the mid-2020s.
                              Last edited by jaywell; 30 April 2016, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Probably not for a while as I don't think SQ would bother to do such an extensive refit (new seats in all classes and new IFE) to the entire 77W fleet if they only plan to keep them for a short-term basis. In addition to that, SQ hasn't ordered any replacement for the 77Ws yet, also indicating that retirement is still some ways off. I'm predicting that the first batch of 77Ws will leave the fleet in the mid-2020s.
                                I thought they where only refitting 13 of the 19 77W's?

Comment

Working...
                                X