X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
    They can always derate their existing 77Ws if needed

Michael
    The lowest certified MTOW for the 77W is 340T from the usual 351T MTOW but that's still 41T more than a 773 and almost 90T more than the 78J and A350. Is it worth the financials?

Also, the 77W OEW is 7T more than a 773. Just carrying deadweight for a 2hr flight.

Comment

• Those existing SQ 777-300 are still in good shape I think, if SQ refit with newer cabin with workable IFE, continue using them for 5 to 10 years on short route is acceptable

Comment

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
        Those existing SQ 777-300 are still in good shape I think, if SQ refit with newer cabin with workable IFE, continue using them for 5 to 10 years on short route is acceptable
        Yes SIA if they were to use the planes for another 5 years, they should refit the aircrafts with newer cabin.For SYF which is about to reach 18 years old, and SYH at close to 17 years were unlikely to be refitted as they would reach 20 years old in 2-3 years time and doubt SQ will do a heavy D check to continue flying them. But for the other 3 aircrafts, they still have a good 5 years left and should be refitted, instead of using these planes as it is.
        Last edited by flyguy; 30 July 2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          The lowest certified MTOW for the 77W is 340T from the usual 351T MTOW but that's still 41T more than a 773 and almost 90T more than the 78J and A350. Is it worth the financials?

Also, the 77W OEW is 7T more than a 773. Just carrying deadweight for a 2hr flight.
          I know CX used 77W with Flex MTOW (a much lower version) on regional flights so SQ in theory could do the same.

The deadweight is another story though...

Michael

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
            I know CX used 77W with Flex MTOW (a much lower version) on regional flights so SQ in theory could do the same.

The deadweight is another story though...

Michael
            CX uses the 77W on short routes in-between the long haul routes for higher utilization, Flex MTOW helps CX to reduce the landing fee in airports.

Comment

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
              CX uses the 77W on short routes in-between the long haul routes for higher utilization, Flex MTOW helps CX to reduce the landing fee in airports.
              And unless Singapore CAA (forgive me if I got the name wrong) doesn't allow, why SQ can't do the same? In fact I suspect SQ is already doing that with the PVG/HKG/etc flights.

Happy to be proved wrong though, as I'm just going from what I know without any evidence

Michael

Comment

• I was on SVN last night. I notice the painting near the cockpit has been peel off and the Safety instruction video is still the old one. I guess this should be scrap soon..... but how soon?
                visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                  I was on SVN last night. I notice the painting near the cockpit has been peel off and the Safety instruction video is still the old one. I guess this should be scrap soon..... but how soon?
                  Dont think it will be anytime soon and should be flying for another 2 to 3 years. Hopefully SIA will refit these planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    Dont think it will be anytime soon and should be flying for another 2 to 3 years. Hopefully SIA will refit these planes.
                    SQ already announced that all but 1 77E will be retired by the end of March 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                      SQ already announced that all but 1 77E will be retired by the end of March 2020.
                      I wonder which one it’ll be...the 3 oldest ones were refitted.
                      I think for the SQ/SR it’s more straight forward...I believe it’s SRM remaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                        I wonder which one it’ll be...the 3 oldest ones were refitted.
                        I think for the SQ/SR it’s more straight forward...I believe it’s SRM remaining.
                        This is just a hunch, but I don’t know if the two 772s still remaining next April will stay a lot longer past then. I suspect they are all on the way out and the 1+1 in the fleet plan is a prediction of where the process will have reached on the last day of the financial year.

Once IST goes A350, I don’t see the point of them retaining a single old 772 with long haul J products to use on regional routes along side another old 772, both having unique seat maps to the rest of the fleet. I’m wondering if the retention decisions will be made on maintenance grounds rather than by cabin products, hence we could even see pre-2006 seats in either of the last two.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                          Once IST goes A350, I don’t see the point of them retaining a single old 772 with long haul J products to use on regional routes along side another old 772, both having unique seat maps to the rest of the fleet.
                          They may be kept for a while as backups for TR 787s going tech. But there could also be other more bizarre reasons to keep them past the fiscal year-end: e.g. not having to write-off spare parts this fiscal year. I've seen more bizarre reasons in other industries.

Comment

• I think it’s merely a matter of the withdrawal schedule stretching into the next FY.

Interestingly, SQN, the newest of the remaining 772s and also with the refurbed interior has stopped flying.
                            Thought it should be either of SQL/SRO first.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                              I think it’s merely a matter of the withdrawal schedule stretching into the next FY.

Interestingly, SQN, the newest of the remaining 772s and also with the refurbed interior has stopped flying.
                              Thought it should be either of SQL/SRO first.
                              SQN is currently operating SQ891 from Hong Kong to Singapore.

Comment

• Indeed, all ten of the remaining 772s are in service at present. SVN has been idle for a couple of days, but other than that, no signs of withdrawal.

Comment

Working...
                                X