Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Comedy Awards Master Thread

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has come to our attention that there are so many nonsensical / comical / farcical awards handed out these days that every single airline, cabin, lounge, airport, car park, bus stop, door handle, pavement etc etc manages to 'acquire' some form of no mark award or other. We have therefore decided to consolidate them all in one thread.

So, when your see that your favourite airline/airport/terminal/hotel/coach company/car park/bus stop/sweet shop/...etc.. is officially the bestest in the whole wide world because it has won a some super duper award, please add it to this thread then we can all share the joy.

MTIA

Can't accuse Jetstar of not having a sense of humour..

Bolding is mine...I nearly covered my monitor with tea...

The Skytrax World Airline Awards are the world's most prestigious airline awards.

So, you can imagine how proud we were to be voted The World's Best Low Cost Airline 2007 and for our crew to be voted the best cabin staff of any airline in Australia and New Zealand 2007.

The reason we're so proud of this, is that it's a testament to all our wonderful staff and crew, who work so hard to get you where you want to go, for less.

Now's your chance to vote for us in the 2008 awards, you can vote in any of the categories below.

Thanks again to all of our customers that voted for us last year, we really appreciate it!

All the best.

The team at Jetstar.
    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 15 December 2010, 04:53 PM. Reason: Clarification

I'm known to have a very unique (aka. weird) sense of humor which is why I have to admit...

I don't quite get the joke... which part is the funny part?
    Haha.. sorry for being so... slooowwww...

Comment

Originally posted by Tanandika View Post
      I don't quite get the joke... which part is the funny part?
      Haha.. sorry for being so... slooowwww...
      The joke is the part in bold..

Comment

They even had a huge billboard over the Tullamarine freeway advertising their Skytrax award for a while.

I suppose even the slightest recognition of any sort makes for great marketing, as people (ie a fair proportion of the general public) who don't care as much as we do are none the wiser about these things. A mate of mine recently discovered Skytrax's website while googling and treats them as gospel now... actually swapped from one carrier to another for one of his trips just because the latter carrier did better in a certain survey on Skytrax.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I despise the foolish characteristic with the public but I suppose when you have certain airlines bandishing certain awards around via various media, there comes a point when critical mass means that award does gain some credence - no matter how shaky the foundations are.

I am unimpressed.

Comment

But aren't Skytrax reliable enough though?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanandika View Post
              But aren't Skytrax reliable enough though?
              No - they use a badly flawed methodology.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                Not to mention multiple conflicts of interest.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  Not to mention multiple conflicts of interest.
                  Yeah - I forgot to mention the sometimes odd "coincidences".

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                    Would you care to elaborate?
                    I always thought OAG and Skytrax especially were it for airline awards!

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                      Neither JL or NH in the top-10... TG world's 4th best airline...

That's speaks for itself.

Comment

That's what they'd the public to think. But their results (I agree with milehighj's examples) are suspect. They seem to give equal weight to the opinions of an infrequent traveller and that of a frequent traveller. As a result, one-time impressions acquire a disproportionate importance.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

jjpb3 - kindly refrain from letting solid quantitative data and in-depth research get in the way of selling a story.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            jjpb3 - kindly refrain from letting solid quantitative data and in-depth research get in the way of selling a story.
                            Oops.

And I hadn't even mentioned the suspected $$$ payoffs.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

If you are bored you could look at the correlation between advertising/sponsorship and results

Comment

Working...
                              X