Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
    Maybe SQ can upgauge one of its flight to Taipei to an A380 in the interim? Taipei flights have proved quite popular that they were hardly ever in Spontaneous Escape.

Haneda would be difficult for A380 operation.. Narita would be an option but double daily A380 flight, with one continuing to LAX in my opinion would be difficult. Unless SQ can shift some capacity to cater specifically during the short one month during Olympics.

Seoul would be another alternative for A380 since the morning SIN-ICN flight would hardly see any competition from other Korean carriers. Singapore and South Korea also have open skies now..
    If u read the SQ Facebook page, many paxes want to cancel their trips to Taipei for Feb n March.

Comment

And very likely SQ will have to cut down even the frequency of its flights to Seoul, Taipei and yes Changi remote bays will see quite a number of planes sitting in the day for the next few weeks.
      Last edited by flyguy; 6 February 2020, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
        Maybe SQ can upgauge one of its flight to Taipei to an A380 in the interim? Taipei flights have proved quite popular that they were hardly ever in Spontaneous Escape.

Haneda would be difficult for A380 operation.. Narita would be an option but double daily A380 flight, with one continuing to LAX in my opinion would be difficult. Unless SQ can shift some capacity to cater specifically during the short one month during Olympics.

Seoul would be another alternative for A380 since the morning SIN-ICN flight would hardly see any competition from other Korean carriers. Singapore and South Korea also have open skies now..
        Just a FYI today’s SQ879 was only ~40% full in J and ~33% full in Y.

Comment

Wonder if SQ will change to smaller planes from Silkair if the load is less than half in their 787s or A350s to especially Asian countries. And Silkair should have a few planes sitting on that tarmac as its China flight have largely been cancelled. Otherwise SQ would lose heavily if it still have to fly its twin aisle planes with less than 50% full and today's paper reported some flights are only about 20% full.

Comment

well, i for one have cancelled 5 upcoming trips to HKG, PVG & even MEL.

my HKG flight was changed from SQ861 to 863 to 891.. and then offered a switch to 865. apparently 863 & 861 have both been cancelled on certain days?

PVG tickets are selling at some ridiculous price of SGD1800 for Y in Feb/March...almost as if they don't want to operate those flights at all.

Comment

Seems that SQ is not flying to PEK daily next week and on most days will be code-sharing with and using Air China aircraft.

Comment

SQ have further cut more flights to HK for Feb/March

Comment

I really hope sq01 isn’t affected bc it stops on hk

Comment

Originally posted by Triniflyer View Post
                    I really hope sq01 isn’t affected bc it stops on hk
                    Not at the moment as any quarantine measures are not impacting transiting pax through HKG as yet

Comment

Phew that would suck. I am on my way to thailand

Comment

Just afraid that Singapore will be placed on the banned list for certain countries. (Such as Philipine) due to the outbreak. CX already have to cancel so many flights due to restrictions.

Comment

Not only reduced flights o HKG to 4 times daily from 6 times, but the fare have gone up tremendously. Was planning to go and booked my flight in early March and at the time of booking the ey fare was $268 but now for the same flight and date it has jumped to $818

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                            Not only reduced flights o HKG to 4 times daily from 6 times, but the fare have gone up tremendously. Was planning to go and booked my flight in early March and at the time of booking the ey fare was $268 but now for the same flight and date it has jumped to $818
                            They have limit the inventory to the highest flexi fares right now as they need to rebook other paxes from the cancelled flights.

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                              They have limit the inventory to the highest flexi fares right now as they need to rebook other paxes from the cancelled flights.
                              Do not think so as SQ reduced as the load is very poor and my friend had to go next month for something important and the seat map was almost empty for his choice of seat. Suppose SQ have to try and recover as much costs which is why the high fares despite the low load but if the low load persist, then SQ will have to lower its prices to a more reasonable fare as before.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                                Do not think so as SQ reduced as the load is very poor and my friend had to go next month for something important and the seat map was almost empty for his choice of seat. Suppose SQ have to try and recover as much costs which is why the high fares despite the low load but if the low load persist, then SQ will have to lower its prices to a more reasonable fare as before.
                                So guess SQ is thinking that during this period no point selling lite/standard fares. Those who definitely need to fly will surely pay whatever price.

On a side note SQ802/807 (SIn-PEK) will be operated by A350 or 777-300ER for feb n March.

Comment

Working...
                                X