No announcement yet.

Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder as US has imposed a travel ban for European passengers, whether SIA's SIN-FRA-JFK would now needs to be re-routed, or simply does not operate until further notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
      I wonder as US has imposed a travel ban for European passengers, whether SIA's SIN-FRA-JFK would now needs to be re-routed, or simply does not operate until further notice.
      Inventory FRA-JFK has been zeroed out, SIN-FRA remains open for booking

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
        I wonder as US has imposed a travel ban for European passengers, whether SIA's SIN-FRA-JFK would now needs to be re-routed, or simply does not operate until further notice.
        As todays JFK-FRA had less than 40 pax on it I am not sure a ban on the route would bother them too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          Qantas cuts in flights from Aust to SIN will be good news to SQ
          Good news ?. You gotta be kidding. QF are cutting back because no fcuker is flying at the moment. Period.

Comment

• You take a look at SQ schedule to Australia like Perth, Mel and SYD - SQ is maintaining most of its flights and SQ is very popular for Aussies travelling than over Qantas. However with the current situation being fluid over the next few weeks/months, things can change fairly quickly.
            Last edited by flyguy; 13 March 2020, 09:25 AM.

Comment

You take a look at SQ schedule to Australia like Perth, Mel and SYD - SQ is maintaining most of its flights and SQ is very popular for Aussies travelling than over Qantas. However with the current situation being fluid over the next few weeks/months, things can change fairly quickly.
              Perth has seen a significant reduction of seats, which practically removes two rotation from the schedule until end of May. And with the situation in Europe worsening I would expect further reduction maybe to an extend that they are forced to reduce to one daily rotation.
              The only hope I would see that China and Korea are staring to get back to normal and flight connections get reinstated to these markets, but that's early to say.

Comment

• SIA and SilkAir cut flights to and from India

More cuts: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...and-from-india

The latest move sees SIA and SilkAir cutting flights to seven cities in India including Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai.
                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  As todays JFK-FRA had less than 40 pax on it I am not sure a ban on the route would bother them too much.
                  SQ FRA-JFK is full as pple are rushing to beat the deadline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
                    Inventory FRA-JFK has been zeroed out, SIN-FRA remains open for booking
                    With todays news, SIN-FRA sector will be zeroed out soon as well.

Comment

• Just check SQ schedule to MEL going up on 30 March and returning on 8 Apr are the usual 4 daily flights with no cancellations or cut backs. For Perth on the same day goin up are 3 flights but coming back there's 4 flights. And to SYD on 8 Apr and returning on 15 Apr it still shows all 4 daily flights with no reduction.
                      Last edited by flyguy; 13 March 2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                        Looks like SQ flight cancellations is set to hit at least 40% over the next 3-mths.

Comment

• Are there any flights still doing well?

Comment

Just check SQ schedule to MEL going up on 30 March and returning on 8 Apr are the usual 4 daily flights with no cancellations or cut backs. For Perth on the same day goin up are 3 flights but coming back there's 4 flights. And to SYD on 8 Apr and returning on 15 Apr it still shows all 4 daily flights with no reduction.
                            I believe that lots of Aussie passengers transit in SIN on SQ flights to/from European destinations. With the travel restrictions announced by the Singapore govt for arrival and transit passengers from Germany, France and Spain from 16-Mar, flight cancellations to/from Australian cities will likely to happen soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                              SQ have cancelled the FRA-JFK part of SQ26/25 from 17/3 to 30/4.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                                I believe that lots of Aussie passengers transit in SIN on SQ flights to/from European destinations. With the travel restrictions announced by the Singapore govt for arrival and transit passengers from Germany, France and Spain from 16-Mar, flight cancellations to/from Australian cities will likely to happen soon.
                                The Aussie govt has released a statement today (13-Mar) advising all Australian citizens to re-consider any overseas travel for the time being.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...inues-c-743485

Comment

Working...
                                X