The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    9V-SCN is scheduled to arrive in SIN on 05SEP19 at 1850 LT as SQ8878. Routing CHS-ANC-SIN.
    9V-SCN currently (2030 GMT 02 Sept) enroute as ferry flight BOE14, Charleston -- Everett (Paine Field)....

Comment

• She was flown there to escape hurricane Dorian.

Comment

• SQ878/879 SIN-TPE-SIN will be operated by B787-10 starting 10 October 2019.

Comment

• For some reason my SQ871 ok 26 Oct has been switched to an A330. Wonder what the 78X will be taken out for

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
            For some reason my SQ871 ok 26 Oct has been switched to an A330. Wonder what the 78X will be taken out for
            The 787-10 will be swapped to the TPE (SQ878/879) from 10/oct. guess the demand to HK is lesser. So they swapped to TPE which have higher demand. Wonder why SQ did not want to add a 3rd daily to TPE.

Comment

• 9V-SCN is now scheduled to arrive in SIN on 07SEP19 at 0615 LT as SQ8878. Routing PAE-SIN.
              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• SCN is on its way. ETA 05:26

Comment

• 9V-SCN has entered commercial service as SQ970 to Bangkok. The 787 fleet is now 14 strong. Should be a while before the next one, around December.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                    The 787-10 will be swapped to the TPE (SQ878/879) from 10/oct. guess the demand to HK is lesser. So they swapped to TPE which have higher demand. Wonder why SQ did not want to add a 3rd daily to TPE.
                    My SQ871 on 26 Sep is showing A330-300 as well..............

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                      For some reason my SQ871 ok 26 Oct has been switched to an A330. Wonder what the 78X will be taken out for
                      Shifted to SQ938/939 (SIN -- DPS v v), followed by SQ976/979 (SIN -- BKK v v) effective 14 September.
                      Last edited by Bitterroot; 11 September 2019, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Its good to know that all 787s are flyging and hope the RR engines hold up and SQ have sufficient spares to ensure that no 787s be grounded for a extended period due to the RR engines.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                          Its good to know that all 787s are flyging and hope the RR engines hold up and SQ have sufficient spares to ensure that no 787s be grounded for a extended period due to the RR engines.
                          Seem like SQ have been able to get the replacement engine fast. But for Scoot, 2x787 have been out for 5 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                            Seem like SQ have been able to get the replacement engine fast. But for Scoot, 2x787 have been out for 5 months.
                            I might be wrong here, but I think the engines used on (some of) Scott's 787 and the ones for SQ's 787-10 are slightly different. AFAIK at least some of Scott's 787 uses the Trent 1000 Package C engines which is most affected by the RR Trent engine issues, whereas SQ's 787-10 are most likely from the newer Trent 1000 TEN engines.

Apparently RR is slowly clearing the backlog for the issues for the Package C engines - Air NZ for example have one remaining 787-9 grounded, and according to them that aircraft should be back flying by end Oct 2019, so hopefully Scott's planes will get their engines back sometime "soon"...
                            Last edited by wlgspotter; 11 September 2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                              I might be wrong here, but I think the engines used on (some of) Scott's 787 and the ones for SQ's 787-10 are slightly different. AFAIK at least some of Scott's 787 uses the Trent 1000 Package C engines which is most affected by the RR Trent engine issues, whereas SQ's 787-10 are most likely from the newer Trent 1000 TEN engines.

Apparently RR is slowly clearing the backlog for the issues for the Package C engines - Air NZ for example have one remaining 787-9 grounded, and according to them that aircraft should be back flying by end Oct 2019, so hopefully Scott's planes will get their engines back sometime "soon"...
                              yes.. it is different type of engines but are still from RR...

Comment

• Apparently Scoot will replace the Package C engines with TENs.
                                an infrastructure geek

Comment

Working...
                                X