No announcement yet.

The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really hoping this doesn't mean we see 8 A330s deleased in the same timeframe. Surely it's time for some old 772s to get put out to desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      The first 78J is supposed to be delivered late March or latest early April.
      Cabin products/configuration/first routes should be revealed imminently, then?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        I'm really hoping this doesn't mean we see 8 A330s deleased in the same timeframe. Surely it's time for some old 772s to get put out to desert...
        It is funny now 8 772 and 773 have had 2006 seats and IFE installed....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
          Cabin products/configuration/first routes should be revealed imminently, then?
          First route(s) for the 787's is supposed be Japan. That was the intention anyway.

I'll leave comments on the cabins until they are officially released or 'exclusively leaked' like they like to do.

Comment

• Hopefully the issues with the Trent 1000 will be worked out by March.

Comment

• Fingers crossed for a early to mid march delivery. And hope they put it on the KUL-SIN for test run like they did for A350 so I get to fly on it end of March.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
                Fingers crossed for a early to mid march delivery. And hope they put it on the KUL-SIN for test run like they did for A350 so I get to fly on it end of March.
                Although they haven't said what first route for a 'test-run' they'd put it on, I'd be banking it on KUL and CGK, then Japan and other regional cities for the longer runs. I am hoping for a March delivery as well.

As far as the cabin products, I understand we are all anxious, but I'd be happy to wait given that the article linked already had a hint saying there would be no PEY class on the 787-10

Comment

• Will the 787-10's get the 2017 Y seats?
                  Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
                    Will the 787-10's get the 2017 Y seats?
                    Yes. According to the VP of Cabin Products when I asked him at the 2017 Products Launch

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      Yes. According to the VP of Cabin Products when I asked him at the 2017 Products Launch
                      They will probably have to be made slimmer than the current 17.5in width to fit in the 787-10's fuselage, then. Though i believe that since this is an off-the-shelf product, Recaro already have the necessary designs and machinery in place. This is assuming SQ go 3-3-3 on the 787-10.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                        They will probably have to be made slimmer than the current 17.5in width to fit in the 787-10's fuselage, then. Though i believe that since this is an off-the-shelf product, Recaro already have the necessary designs and machinery in place. This is assuming SQ go 3-3-3 on the 787-10.
                        True, although it seems to be almost a foregone conclusion, I find it interesting that if they do decide to make Japan the initial focus of the 787, it'll be going up against the only 2-4-2 configuration about- that of ANA.

The launch of the A330s is before my time as an SQ regular. What were the initial A330 destinations?

Comment

I find it interesting that if they do decide to make Japan the initial focus of the 787, it'll be going up against the only 2-4-2 configuration about- that of ANA.
                          It's actually JAL that has a 2-4-2 Y cabin on all their 787's, and it is a wonderful Y cabin, which feels noticeably more spacious and uncrowded than 9-abreast. While ANA initially had 2-4-2 Y on their Dreamliners, their latest 787's are now also configured 3-3-3.

Comment

• Oh i thought JAL was the only one who went 2-4-2 and then later went 3-3-3 on all future orders. Did not know ANA have some 2-4-2 and JAL remains in that config. Those JAL and especially ANA 787s will be AVgeek dreamland once they start dwindling in number, then. In fact, they'd be most travellers' dreamland given they offer a much more comfortable experience than any other airlines' (existing) 787 Y configurations.

Comment

The launch of the A330s is before my time as an SQ regular. What were the initial A330 destinations?
                              KUL & CGK. The 'official' launch route was BNE.
                              Naturally, a number of us were on those 1st flights.

The link to the TRs: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6030
                              Last edited by 9V-JKL; 9 January 2018, 12:31 AM. Reason: added link to TRs

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                                KUL & CGK. The 'official' launch route was BNE.
                                Naturally, a number of us were on those 1st flights.

The link to the TRs: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6030
                                Ahh interesting to know

What did BNE get prior to the A330? The SQ/SR 772 series?

Comment

Working...
                                X