A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
    And don't forget SYD and CHC as well (SQ241/242)
    And MEL too! SQ207/208 which goes 772ER permanently from March whilst the SQ238/237 goes 77W. Would love to see A350's on SQ207/208.

Comment

• Also in case you haven't already heard, the firm order for the A350s has been increased to 67, with 7 of them being the newly announced (today) A350-900ULR.

Airbus Press Centre Link:

http://www.airbus.com/presscentre/pr...-the-a350-900/

Key points to note:

These (improvements) include a higher capacity fuel system within the existing fuel tanks, increasing fuel carrying capacity from 141,000 litres to 165,000 litres.

and

The extended range capability is achieved without installation of additional fuel tanks and the aircraft can be reconfigured easily to the standard A350-900 long haul specification.

That means 60 standard A359s and 7 A359ULRs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
        And MEL too! SQ207/208 which goes 772ER permanently from March whilst the SQ238/237 goes 77W. Would love to see A350's on SQ207/208.
        Or B77WN will be another option.

I have been puzzling SQ 241/242 and SQ 207/208 provides the best transfer time to/from Europe, but they are not of the products offered. I have seen on it a few times and they are quite full. So hopefully we will see some improvements with these flights as more A350s arrives.

Comment

• What is it with A350's with black cockpit windows? Is there a particular reason?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
            What is it with A350's with black cockpit windows? Is there a particular reason?
            I don't really know but I think it looks really cool makes it unique from the other aircraft and easier to identify too

Comment

What is it with A350's with black cockpit windows? Is there a particular reason?
              Could be a way of avoiding reflections from the white painted fuselage into the cockpit

Comment

The most plausible reason is to facilitate the change of cockpit windows. The windows go in from the outside and one has to detach the window surrounds to do it. To avoid having to paint with delicate airline livery colours, the window surrounds come in “any colour you want as long as it is black.”

Comment

As I said in the other thread, the cool, futuristic look of the the windows makes the front of the plane look like some cartoon character with his curvy mask.

Comment

• its mentioned that the A359 will be in 3 classes ie business, premium econ and econ. Will this mean that all the 67 A359s will not have first class - and will this have a impact on SQ's high yield market?

Comment

• Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
                      These (improvements) include a higher capacity fuel system within the existing fuel tanks, increasing fuel carrying capacity from 141,000 litres to 165,000 litres.

and

The extended range capability is achieved without installation of additional fuel tanks and the aircraft can be reconfigured easily to the standard A350-900 long haul specification.

That means 60 standard A359s and 7 A359ULRs.
                      Well, that is a significant reduction in fuel capacity compared to the A340-500 which was 215,000 litres (they tended to burn about 190-200,000 litres on the USA flights) - I would expect the 359 to burn not more than 145,000 on the flights to the West Coast.

The figures tell why the A345 was just unsustainable and had to go and why the 346 was outsold by the 77W by a factor of over 10. And nobody wants them - too heavy for short/medium, too much fuel burn for long haul. (Even old 772Es are not in great demand, as can be seen by some 1998-2000 ones being scrapped - strange when quite a few airlines could get them to replace ageing 20-year old A343s which burn a fair bit more fuel - e.g. Air Suriname with their lone 343)
                      Last edited by Russ; 14 October 2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        I'm surprised with AMS as I was expecting CPH after some of the noises they were making about improving their partnership with SK and going daily by March next year. However, it'll free up another 77W which in turn will knock another old 772 out of service hopefully!
                        AMS was a bit of a surprise. They went from 772E to 77W operating 2 classes with lots of publicity) then back to 772E only after a few months. Now 77W with F Class later to 359 with no F class. Suspect F loads are low and 77W's F can be better used elsewhere.

As recently as 2014, I had to contend with a 772E with spacebeds (aircraft change) ......

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post

I have been puzzling SQ 241/242 and SQ 207/208 provides the best transfer time to/from Europe, but they are not of the products offered. I have seen on it a few times and they are quite full. So hopefully we will see some improvements with these flights as more A350s arrives.
                          Unfortunately they arrive in SIN a little too late for many Euro connections- only LHR, ZRH, IST and FCO and I think some MXP/BCN. Asian and Indian red-eye destinations connect really well though. Sometimes they are not too busy- I had them cancel SQ208 on me once and move me to SQ228.

SQ207 is really great though- no waiting around after a long-haul arriving at dawn and you get into MEL that much earlier. Means I can go to work the next day!

I think these two flights are definitely contenders for A350s just as they are now 772ERs and will continue to fill the gaps between the long haul Euro flights they perform.

Interesting that SQ207/8 will move back to 772ER yet again next March- perhaps a sign that A350 will be not far off? I have a booking on SQ208 in mid-March heading to NGO but it's still an A330 then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                            strange when quite a few airlines could get them to replace ageing 20-year old A343s which burn a fair bit more fuel - e.g. Air Suriname with their lone 343)
                            Well if you're getting the similarly-aged bird, why getting a whole new type (as is the case for smaller airlines like Surinam and Air Tahiti Nui) with minimal fuel saved and when the capital cost is at rock bottom? I've actually seen the figure and fuel burn differences between 772ER and A343 are really not as great as many might think.

You may be interested in this: http://centreforaviation.com/news/a3...-airbus-289676

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post

I don't think SQ208 can offer too many European transfers especially those with only 1 or 2 flights per day (e.g. FRA, AMS, MUC/MAN and MXP/BCN in some days all departed before SQ208 arrived). The flight looks to be aiming more for Asian connections rather than European connections (such as PEK, PVG, KIX, FUK, NGO)

Cheers
                            Michael

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              I think these two flights are definitely contenders for A350s just as they are now 772ERs and will continue to fill the gaps between the long haul Euro flights they perform.
                              Don't forget too the shorter regional flights. SQ172 and SQ186 to Ho Chi Minh City used to be served by the B777-200ER upon their return from Manchester and other European destinations. MAN Flyer would know this well.

Comment

• MSN 26 is now out of the paint hangar.

Comment

Working...
                                X