The Final SQ Boeing 747-400 flights - 06 April 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B727 View Post
    Ahem, on the contrary, I dashed out of the plane with my B727 fuel tanks filled to the brim with Champagnes Henri Brut Souverain and Dom Perignon as I had an après vol spa appointment

It was awesome to meet you Viraj735 and Viraj735Dad!

On SQ 747 outbound, was very fortuitous to find myself in the row in front of SQTalk founder FirstToFly who was seated next to SQ Master Sommelier Jeannie Cho Lee. Very fortunate indeed to be seated next to Herr Freidanck and to be served by the gorgeous (und Deutschsprachig ) FSS Laura, not to mention the superlative inflight service of CS Eddy and LS/inflight sommelier Eric on board. And, of course, Mr. Aleem Ibrahim who is such an inspiration and personifies the glory of SIA inflight service that other airlines talk about.

On SQ 748, a new set of delightful crew joined and I experienced the flawless inflight service of the beautiful and vivacious CSS Peck See as well as the bar and meal service elegantly executed by LS Lim, and FSS Christy and Donna
    B727, congrats on post 727.

And dang, I missed out on all the fun. But so happy for all those who made the final flights.
    /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Glad to hear that everyone had a great time. I hope someone caught some sleep on the way back to MAN

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        1B. Unloved till the very end.
        That's just because I wasn't onboard!

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        If you see someone in blue polo shirt with '4A' on the back, please come and say hello.
        Hahahahaha

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        Of course, this was the best flight ever on any airlines that I have flown with. Crew of the SQ 748 was great and the visit to the crew bunk was definitely a memory that I will always treasure.

What was more amazing was the "Yam Seng" to the Queen of the Skies started and initiated by SQTalkers from F and followed by everyone else in the cabin 2 or 3 more times.

And who can forget the SQTalk's "Last to Journey" T-shirts and the best of the best SQTalkers company in all 3 cabins?
        From the pics and comments, I truly missed out on one hell of a party!
        HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          From the pics and comments, I truly missed out on one hell of a party!
          You got that right...

Comment

• Now where are the trip reports .....
            It's been almost 24 hours - I am so looking forward to them

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              You got that right...
              +1!

Comment

• http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=a8b1783277

Comment

• A fitting tribute to the last SQ's passenger B747 flight, thanks to Sam Chui.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho1YN...layer_embedded

Comment

• Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                    Towards the end a Famous SQTalk Celebrity was as quiet as a Church Mouse crawling his/her way to catch a connecting flight. Not sure if the Celebrity ended up in Timbuktu or Inner Mongolia or just an off chance on way to Manchester. Too much of a liquid diet.
                    Originally posted by demue View Post
                    Glad to hear that everyone had a great time. I hope someone caught some sleep on the way back to MAN

Oh yes, the hit was always in the post, just a matter of what time it was going to be delivered!. I should have listened to the wise words of StarG on Thursday night who decided against coming to 1 Altitude to meet the gang pointing out it was an early start, a big day and we should get some sleep. A total of 6 hours sleep since leaving MAN on Tuesday morning is not clever. Still, in the words of the great Yosemite Sam himself ; That'll learn Ya!!.

It would be impossible to put into words how good yesterday was, and the list of people to mention is too long for now as I am shortly off to the Lake District for a couple of days relaxation (having cancelled tomorrow trip to Athens as I couldn't face flying with anyone else so soon after yesterday...). However, every now and again, despite seemingly doing their best to p*ss us off for the last few years, this wonderful airline reminds us why we fell in love with travelling on it all those years ago....
                    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 7 April 2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LateBloomer View Post
                      A fitting tribute to the last SQ's passenger B747 flight, thanks to Sam Chui.
                      FANTASTIC!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                        Now where are the trip reports .....
                        It's been almost 24 hours - I am so looking forward to them
                        I am starting mine tonight, will be posting on a.net. I can post here
                        too if you guys like.

Comment

• Originally posted by LateBloomer View Post
                          A fitting tribute to the last SQ's passenger B747 flight, thanks to Sam Chui.
                          For all of us who could not be on-board for the final flight(s) but have had great experiences on the 747, thanks for a fantastic video. Sure bought back memories and a tear to the eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                            FANTASTIC!
                            Thanks for sharing. Will miss seeing SQ colours on a 747 but not sad to see them go in the state they are in these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
                              Thanks for sharing. Will miss seeing SQ colours on a 747 but not sad to see them go in the state they are in these days.
                              You still can. Albeit with the word "cargo" at the end

Comment

• I agree with all above. I have some great pictures. Nice to have met some fellow SQ talkers. What a day it was.

Am back at Changi now waiting to fly to Brisbane.

It was the best time.

Dave
                                Last edited by qantas_flyer; 7 April 2012, 06:25 PM. Reason: Ipad spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X