A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
    From 1st June, SQ26/25 will change to Ver 1 A380 (which mean more Y seats), SQ638/637 switch to ver 2 A380.

version 1 deployment from 1st June
    SQ406/403 (Delhi)
    SQ424/423 (Mumbai) till end June, then the A380 will go to SQ306/305(london) for 2 months from July.
    SQ807/802(Beijing)
    SQ222/231 (Sydney)
    SQ26/25 (JFK)

version 2 deployment from 1st June
    SQ308/321 (London)
    SQ336/335 (Paris)
    SQ638/637 (Tokyo)
    This line up suggests that the version 2 fleet will reduce to just four aircraft, i.e. another two will commence refit and the version 1 fleet will barely cover its work:
    V2: LHR/CDG = 3, NRT = 1 (total 4)
    V1: JFK/PEK = 3, SYD, DEL, BOM = 1 each (total 6)

That's exactly the number required to cover those flights, without capacity for BOM to redirect to LHR's 3rd daily (or for anything to ever go wrong!). That suggests to me that the first two refits are about to emerge and will commence taking on at least one of those version 1 flights, most likely SYD.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      This line up suggests that the version 2 fleet will reduce to just four aircraft, i.e. another two will commence refit and the version 1 fleet will barely cover its work:

That's exactly the number required to cover those flights, without capacity for BOM to redirect to LHR's 3rd daily (or for anything to ever go wrong!). That suggests to me that the first two refits are about to emerge and will commence taking on at least one of those version 1 flights, most likely SYD.
      Which version is the one with 2017 Y?

Comment

SQ807 arrival in Sin (2300) will be difficult for the plane to do SQ26 (2355). Currently the A380 doing SQ807 will do SQ231 to Sydney.

My guess will be Delhi or Mumbai will get the new plane (if SKT came out in early June) , then by end June SKS should be back. So Delhi(or Mel SQ217 from 17/6 to 30/7) will get the new plane.
        so will have one spare Ver 1 plus one more from SQ424, just nice for SQ306/305 from July.
        And Tokyo (SQ638) might switch to Ver3 once SKS is back.
        Last edited by sbs2716g; 23 May 2019, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinghigher View Post
          Which version is the one with 2017 Y?
          That is version 3 which is not mention above

Comment

SQ807 arrival in Sin (2300) will be difficult for the plane to do SQ26 (2355). Currently the A380 doing SQ807 will do SQ231 to Sydney.

My guess will be Delhi or Mumbai will get the new plane (if SKT came out in early June) , then by end June SKS should be back. So Delhi(or Mel SQ217 from 17/6 to 30/7) will get the new plane.
            so will have one spare Ver 1 plus one more from SQ424, just nice for SQ306/305 from July.
            And Tokyo (SQ638) might switch to Ver3 once SKS is back.
            True about PEK-JFK, but I was just roughly matching as PEK is a day flight. JFK - PEK - SYD should work as a 4 day rotation though. The main reason I didn't feel DEL or BOM would be first in line for a version 3 is that maybe the J demand is a bit soft. I'm just basing that on having never observed any version 2s being assigned to those routes for any substantial length of time. I could well be wrong about that.

Comment

True about PEK-JFK, but I was just roughly matching as PEK is a day flight. JFK - PEK - SYD should work as a 4 day rotation though. The main reason I didn't feel DEL or BOM would be first in line for a version 3 is that maybe the J demand is a bit soft. I'm just basing that on having never observed any version 2s being assigned to those routes for any substantial length of time. I could well be wrong about that.
              But the Y seats is more than Ver 1. N the Y demand is big for Del n Bom.
              Version 2 Y seats is 88 lesser.

Comment

But the Y seats is more than Ver 1. N the Y demand is big for Del n Bom.
                Version 2 Y seats is 88 lesser.
                Well yes, the Y demand for DEL and BOM is much higher which is why they use version 1 with 333 Y seats. But for the same reason, that's why I'm not sure they will rush to switch those destinations to version 3. Doing so would result in only 10 more Y seats to sell, but an additional 18 J seats. I'm just guessing it might be easier to sell those additional J seats if they were headed to SYD.

Comment

• 9V-SKS pinged momentarily on FlightRadar24 earlier today (24MAY19) and seemed to have been moved between East and West Cargo aprons.
                  Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Well yes, the Y demand for DEL and BOM is much higher which is why they use version 1 with 333 Y seats. But for the same reason, that's why I'm not sure they will rush to switch those destinations to version 3. Doing so would result in only 10 more Y seats to sell, but an additional 18 J seats. I'm just guessing it might be easier to sell those additional J seats if they were headed to SYD.
                    Problem is that there are 3x777 (48x3 J) , 2xA380 (60+78 J) daily for Sydney. Can SQ fill up all the J seats? N there is only 6 suites. There isn’t any indication that SQ have limit the sales of suites for SQ222/231 for the next 2-3 months. (unlike Tokyo, suites sales were restricted to 6 from Aug only).

Further the Ver3 on Del/Bom should be just temp deployment (since Del will lost A380 from 17/6 n Bom from 1/7). Or maybe SKT will straight be deploy to SQ638 (but that mean they still have to deal with shortage of Ver 1 plane)

Comment

• For LHR they are looking at swapping aircraft going back down to SIN so that SQ319 is a 380 and SQ321 is the 77W that currently operates SQ318. It makes sense from a ground ops point as it is a struggle to get SQ319 ready in time with such a short turnaround, especially at a place like LHR

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        For LHR they are looking at swapping aircraft going back down to SIN so that SQ319 is a 380 and SQ321 is the 77W that currently operates SQ318. It makes sense from a ground ops point as it is a struggle to get SQ319 ready in time with such a short turnaround, especially at a place like LHR
                        Is it fair to say that the issues at India-Pakistan border cause longer flight times and thus eat into the already-short turnaround?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQuelch View Post
                          Is it fair to say that the issues at India-Pakistan border cause longer flight times and thus eat into the already-short turnaround?
                          I don't think that's got too much, if anything, to do with it. Turning SQ318/319 around in the short time frame allowed has always been a push at a place like LHR where you can 'arrive' in London then still not be at the gate for 30, 45 or even 60 minutes due to stacking, taxiing and waiting for a gate.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                            9V-SKS pinged momentarily on FlightRadar24 earlier today (24MAY19) and seemed to have been moved between East and West Cargo aprons.
                            I wonder if it's a sign that this one or maybe SKT is refitted

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              I wonder if it's a sign that this one or maybe SKT is refitted
                              Can advise how is the pinging of SKS related to the refit of SKT?

Comment

• I'm booked on xmas day from jfk to sin. The plane has a y cabin upper deck. I thought the jfk route has been using the plane that has a full j cabin upstair?

Comment

Working...
                                X