LHR - is it FINALLY improving ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
    T5? That's the newish one. Try T2 or T3 and then let me know. Hope you're settling well.
    Nah, it was T4. I was surprised. Have not had much time to settle in really with the induction programme this week and house hunting planned on the weekend. So different from the lazy student life of the last couple of years

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
      Nah, it was T4. I was surprised. Have not had much time to settle in really with the induction programme this week and house hunting planned on the weekend. So different from the lazy student life of the last couple of years
      The BA/QF JSA flights are still in T4 and are due to move to T3 next year.

When you're more settled, we (whoever is around in London) should arrange to meet up for drinks.

Comment

i just went through T3 today and it took about 15-20 min from the moment i stepped off the plane till i was out with my baggage ! Pretty painless.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
          i just went through T3 today and it took about 15-20 min from the moment i stepped off the plane till i was out with my baggage ! Pretty painless.
          Enjoy your stay in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            Enjoy your stay in the UK.
            Am actually not in UK.
            I am in Lyon, France for 2 weeks but had to route through the UK.
            Had to try the A380 instead of taking the 77W.

Comment

Am actually not in UK.
              I am in Lyon, France for 2 weeks but had to route through the UK.
              Had to try the A380 instead of taking the 77W.
              Well, in that case, enjoy your stay in Lyon!
              A chance to visit Paris as well? Fall Fashion show should be happening, if I am not mistaken.

How was A380? A special trip report in the making?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                Fall Fashion show should be happening, if I am not mistaken.
                The only one fashion show I want to get into is the Victoria's Secret ones. Oops, I digress. Back to topic: I am amazed you got thro so fast, SuperJJ. Usually, the queue is at the immigration in T3. Guess you were lucky.

Comment

I am amazed you got thro so fast, SuperJJ.
                  Agreed! But I wonder how long he spent holding in the skies around LHR and then taxiing to the gate, having the guidance system switched on, the air bridge connected (or even worse a bus stand) etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    Agreed! But I wonder how long he spent holding in the skies around LHR and then taxiing to the gate, having the guidance system switched on, the air bridge connected (or even worse a bus stand) etc.
                    The air bridge did take a pretty long time as I was on the upper deck so the ground crew may not be entirely familiar. But overall, i think LHR is a great airport .

Comment

The air bridge did take a pretty long time as I was on the upper deck so the ground crew may not be entirely familiar. But overall, i think LHR is a great airport .
                      [sarcastic rhetorical remark at BAA]
                      ..and how long has the BAA been receiving the A380?

Comment

[sarcastic rhetorical remark at BAA]
                        ..and how long has the BAA been receiving the A380?
                        Also took the SIN T3 ground crew a while to connect the A380 upper deck bridge today.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          Also took the SIN T3 ground crew a while to connect the A380 upper deck bridge today.
                          You would have thought that they could do it blindfolded by now but guess they didnt want to scratch the plane.

Comment

Arrived at T5 today and from pulling up at the gate to leaving the terminal with my checked in luggage was under 10 minutes.

Unfortunately it was then another 1.5 hours before Avis managed to sort out my rental car

Comment

Went through T5 last week to EDI and back today.

I really don't like it. It feels sorta 'cold' and without any warmth. Take the floors for example. Yuck.

Already I see wear and tear around.

And why why at Security check points to have people take off shoes but there is no where to sit (except in middle section) to put your shoes back on?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                                I really don't like it. It feels sorta 'cold' and without any warmth. Take the floors for example. Yuck.
                                So far, only three airports have exuded any 'emotional' warmth for me: SIN, CPH and USM. But my list of airports I like using extends to far more than those three.
                                Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                                And why why at Security check points to have people take off shoes but there is no where to sit (except in middle section) to put your shoes back on?
                                Probably because BAA was also involved in the design of the post-machine process.
                                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                                X