Ear/Headphones - What do you use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    I started out using the Bose QC1; migrated to the QC2. On a plane ride, I sat next to a guy from Cap Gemini, who was raving about his new (at the time) Sony MDR-NC11 (http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones-h...tag=prod.txt.1) -- much smaller, easier to carry, and your ears don't get hot.

I'm now thinking of upgrading to the Shure's:

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones-h....html?tag=coco

Does anybody have these yet?
    I bought them from PK Computer in Funan Mall (SIN). Performance wise, they are everything Shure says they are! Pricewise.....well don't let your wife know what they really cost.

One thing I would suggest you do is to buy them with the PTH accessory. It will worth it when you are imersed in your music and the FA comes and asks you if you are ok. You don't have to go thru the rigamarole of taking these out of your ears, re-hear the question and say you are fine and then go thru the process (it is elaborate, I admit) of inserting the buds in your ears again.

It really isolates the outside world (audibly at least), so if you want to get away from a nagging spouse then these are ideal........

Comment

I use the Bose Triport OE currently. Used to have Pioneer studio monitors, but had to give up on them after the headband eroded.

Comment

For my iPod, i use a pair of Sony EX-90 which I bought in Tokyo. They're really good pair of In-Ear Monitors and shuts out external noise pretty well.

I'm looking forward to upgrading to a pair of Westone UM2 IEMs.

Comment

My headphones:
          SENNHEISER MX 250
          SENNHEISER HD 415
          BEYERDYNAMIC DT 440 ( MADE IN GERMANY)
          Wish to buy:
          SENNHEISER PXC 400

Comment

Originally posted by solitaire View Post
            the PTH accessory.
            OK, my retarded gene kicked in there... What's PTH? Sorry...
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              OK, my retarded gene kicked in there... What's PTH? Sorry...
              Quoted from Shure website:
              http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P..._se530_content

Push-To-Hear Control (PTH)
              A first for sound isolating earphones, the detachable Push-To-Hear Control allows you to activate the VoicePortTM microphone and adjust levels of external sound for clarity—ideal for brief conversations without removing your earphones. The switch allows you to conveniently alternate between your music and your connection to the outside world.

Similar to the microphones used in Shure QuietSpot® cellular headsets, the VoicePort microphone is tuned to pick up the human voice, ensuring maximum intelligibility. Included with the SE530PTH, it is available as an optional accessory for all Shure Sound Isolating Earphone models, including the SE210, SE310 and SE420.

Comment

Yes, I've seen the Shure isolating earphones and they work pretty well to shut out almost all outside sounds. You will need to press the PTH button to hear the FA asking you whether you want the beef or fish.

Comment

Very cool. Thanks, guys!
                  HUGE AL

Comment

I use the QC2 myself, after having owned QC3 (too small), PCX 200 (okay), and Audio Technica (hurts my ears due to the pressure). Highly recommend the QC2.

Comment

I was reading about the Panasonic RP-HC500 noise cancelling headphones, and the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7 Quiet Point Active noise cancelling headphones.

Has anyone tried these as I have read some very positive reviews on amazon.com.

Regards.

fclass
                      Last edited by LampStack; 11 September 2007, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Slightly OT - for use when making a mobile phone call - has anyone tried a Jawbone Bluetooth noise cancelling headset ? Any good ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          Slightly OT - for use when making a mobile phone call - has anyone tried a Jawbone Bluetooth noise cancelling headset ? Any good ?
                          I haven't heard about it before.

But I remember it seems Sennheiser has a Bluetooth noise guard headphone!! You can check it out from its site.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynasty View Post
                            But I remember it seems Sennheiser has a Bluetooth noise guard headphone!! You can check it out from its site.
                            I just Googled and you presumably mean the Sennheiser BW900 Bluetooth Wireless Office Headset Solution - a complete package which pluts into your landline and is significantly more expensive ($390) than the Jawbone (about £70 here in the UK; intended for use out and about). OTOH, the sound quality of the Sennheiser seems a lot better as well according to the write-up.

Comment

i use the standard new apple headphones ... and if i feel special (lol) i use my bose triports.
                              Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I'm using the standart ipod ones as well- and I'm not very appy with them. Actually, I'm ordering replacements just at the moment because they have died again

Apple can be worse than Microsoft with the headphone-thing!
                                Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Working...
                                X