http://www.ultimateears.com/superfi/...-Pro-clear.htm

Right now, I have three main headphones:

Bose QuietComfort 1

Shure E3c

Bang & Olufsen A8

Comment

Bang & Olufsen A8 for daily iPod use.
      Bose QC2 for flights.
      Been using the Skullcandy Noise Cancelling phones for a month now while my QC2s are out of commission and they're good value for the money ($70).

Comment

I usually use whatever's onboard - or the Bang & Olufsen (don't know the model number but it looks the same as globetrekker84's) one I got from KrisShop with the PPS vouchers.

The B & O ones are a bit too big for my ears - hurt a bit after wearing them for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          I usually use whatever's onboard - or the Bang & Olufsen (don't know the model number but it looks the same as globetrekker84's) one I got from KrisShop with the PPS vouchers.

The B & O ones are a bit too big for my ears - hurt a bit after wearing them for a while.
          How do they hurt? They're not supposed to if you use them properly. BTW, you're not supposed to put these all the way into your ear like a normal iPod-type earphone. They just "sit" on your ear.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
            How do they hurt? They're not supposed to if you use them properly. BTW, you're not supposed to put these all the way into your ear like a normal iPod-type earphone. They just "sit" on your ear.
            Really?
            This is what happens when one doesn't even look at the manual before using the product. Will try it later.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
              For the first 3-4 days I used them, they were a bit uncomfortable. After that, I guess my ears molded around them, or I figured the right amount to move them down and around...

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                Really?
                This is what happens when one doesn't even look at the manual before using the product. Will try it later.
                Yeah I made that mistake too. I ended up going to the B&O store and guy demonstrated it to me. He told me that it just sits on the ear instead of going in. Boy did I look retarded.

He did say a sure sign of you wearing it properly is that when you have the curved earpiece fixed around your ear, the "arm" should be able to float in midair if it's not sitting on your ear. That way the weight of the headphones is not on the driver. Hopefully that makes sense.
                Last edited by globetrekker84; 27 November 2006, 01:38 PM.

Comment

B&0, QC3 and the headphones that came with my iPod nano.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I just have a collection of cheap and nasty headphones. I am always forgetting my headphones so it does not seem worth while investing in a good pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                      I just have a collection of cheap and nasty headphones. I am always forgetting my headphones so it does not seem worth while investing in a good pair.
                      I bought cheap and nasty headphones only for the earpads, because the earpads kept sliding off my B&O and iPod earphones and into oblivion. I've since learned to glue the pads onto the headphones.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        I bought cheap and nasty headphones only for the earpads, because the earpads kept sliding off my B&O and iPod earphones and into oblivion. I've since learned to glue the pads onto the headphones.
                        Seriously? Try getting these silicon-based pads (super comfy): http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1923_61066267

Comment

I use the Etymotic ER-4P. They have excellent sound isolation so that with music at a normal volume, I don't hear any aircraft noise; and no batteries to worry about.

Comment

Bang & Olufsen A8
                            Bose QC2s
                            The ones that came with my Creative Zen Vision M.

Comment

I use Sony EX-71

but then they got stolen so i switched to Etymotic ER-6i

but i broke them so i finally bought http://www.ultimateears.com/superfi/...-Pro-clear.htm which are the same ones as 9V-JKL, i already broke the cable but luckily they are replaceable and now i bought these new cables which seem more durable

My question to everyone is which is better for the airplane? Headphones or Earphones?

Comment

Working...
                              X