Go Back   SQTalk > General > Trip Reports

Old 22nd April 2019, 08:37 PM   #91
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3

Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold, Qantas Gold/Oneworld Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQGamespeed View Post
Wonderful TR, yflyer!

Great pictures of Lisbon as well! Almost everything I hear about Lisbon, and Portugal in general for that matter, for visiting has been consistently positive, and I too would love to visit sometime.
Thanks SQGamespeed! Yes, apart from Lisbon, my friends also recommended Porto and other cities/towns in this picturesque country with so much to offer to visitors. I can't wait for the opportunity to head back there...
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 05:36 PM   #92
loldude333
SQTalk PPS Club

Another brilliant TR from your esteemed pen, yflyer. Lisbon is such a pretty place!
loldude333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 10:45 PM   #93
yflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loldude333 View Post
Another brilliant TR from your esteemed pen, yflyer.
Thanks, loldude333!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loldude333 View Post
Lisbon is such a pretty place!
It is, isn't it! A dream destination for photographers...
Old 24th April 2019, 10:00 AM   #94
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Detailed TR with lovely photos, yflyer! Makes me want to go back for another few days.
CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2019, 08:41 AM   #95
yflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonMan View Post
Detailed TR with lovely photos, yflyer! Makes me want to go back for another few days.
Thanks, CarbonMan! Lots of good airfare deals to Lisbon these days.
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:38 AM   #96
Jumbojet Lover
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: Krisflyer, TrueBlue, Flying Blue, AAdvantage

Always enjoy your trip reports, yflyer! Just wanted to ask how you found TAP's non-reclining economy seats? These days I find that I almost always recline my seat as soon as I am able to even on the shortest flights. This is especially so when I want a good rest on board, so I can't imagine not being able to do so
Jumbojet Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2019, 09:00 PM   #97
yflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
Always enjoy your trip reports, yflyer! Just wanted to ask how you found TAP's non-reclining economy seats? These days I find that I almost always recline my seat as soon as I am able to even on the shortest flights. This is especially so when I want a good rest on board, so I can't imagine not being able to do so
Thanks, Jumbojet Lover!

Regarding the TAP slimline non-reclining seat, I found it fine for a short haul flight -- no worse than any other narrowbody. I probably wouldn't be too happy on flights longer than 2 hours in this type of seat, though.

On a related topic, I am really not a fan of 4 or 5 hour flights on a narrowbody, whether an A320 or a 737. Even when the seats recline, these flights are just too long to feel comfortable in a narrow single-aisle tube...
Old 5th May 2019, 01:55 PM   #98
Jumbojet Lover
SQTalk PPS Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by yflyer View Post
On a related topic, I am really not a fan of 4 or 5 hour flights on a narrowbody, whether an A320 or a 737. Even when the seats recline, these flights are just too long to feel comfortable in a narrow single-aisle tube...
As someone based in North America traveling fairly frequently between both coasts, transcontinental narrowbody flights are an unfortunate reality, difficult to avoid. I've resigned myself to that misery (on US carriers in economy no less). That's nothing though, compared to being on a regional jet for more than 3 hours - imagine that!
http://www.gcmap.com/featured/20180607
Old 5th May 2019, 08:47 PM   #99
yflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
As someone based in North America traveling fairly frequently between both coasts, transcontinental narrowbody flights are an unfortunate reality, difficult to avoid. I've resigned myself to that misery (on US carriers in economy no less). That's nothing though, compared to being on a regional jet for more than 3 hours - imagine that!
http://www.gcmap.com/featured/20180607
Yes, agree it is seems to be mostly narrowbodies for US transcon flights. I have a 4 hour SFO-ORD sector coming up operated by a 737-900 and I am not looking forward to it! My return ORD-SFO is a 757, which I don't mind since there aren't that many opportunities for me to fly on 757's these days, since that type seems to have become quite rare in Asia.

As for 3 hour RJ flights, those can't be too comfortable either! That said, I haven't yet flown on Embraer RJ's so I would probably try to get myself on one of those just to check out the equipment, if the opportunity arises...
Old 6th May 2019, 10:56 AM   #100
Jumbojet Lover
SQTalk PPS Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by yflyer View Post
As for 3 hour RJ flights, those can't be too comfortable either! That said, I haven't yet flown on Embraer RJ's so I would probably try to get myself on one of those just to check out the equipment, if the opportunity arises...
Of all the regional jets I've taken, Embraer 170/190 are my favourites. Just need to try the CSeries for a fair comparison