SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Other Airlines > Other Airlines > Lounges

Old 23rd August 2007, 11:53 PM   #16
andySYD
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: SQ PPS - QF Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithMEL View Post
The lounges were designed by Marc Newman, aka Mr Skybeds. I believe he's charged with designing QF's A380 cabins. I might be a tad presumptuous - but I sure hope the A380 cabins also have that hip and groovy look.
I think you mean Marc Newson

Is the food in the First lounge pretty much the same as in Business lounge (ie. no hot food served)?
andySYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 12:53 AM   #17
KeithMEL
SQTalk Founder

Location: Officially KeithSYD but can't be bothered to change my handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by andySYD View Post
I think you mean Marc Newson
Yes indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andySYD
Is the food in the First lounge pretty much the same as in Business lounge (ie. no hot food served)?
They have an actual restaurant in the new Flounge - complete with Neil Perry menus and wait staff.
Old 24th August 2007, 05:20 AM   #18
nickbot
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: UA Plat, IC Plat Amb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithMEL View Post
Yes indeed.

They have an actual restaurant in the new Flounge - complete with Neil Perry menus and wait staff.
I like it Keith,..."Flounge",...is that a Keithism or a previously established word?

"I'll meet you in the Flounge!"
nickbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 10:24 AM   #19
Savage25
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: TK E+, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hertz PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbot View Post
I like it Keith,..."Flounge",...is that a Keithism or a previously established word?

Does that mean that there's a Clounge as well?
Savage25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 01:03 PM   #20
KeithMEL
SQTalk Founder

Location: Officially KeithSYD but can't be bothered to change my handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbot View Post

I must confess that the word was invented on Australian Frequent Flyer. Or the QF board on TOF. Can't remember which.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage25 View Post
Does that mean that there's a Clounge as well?
Clounge - that's a good one.
Old 24th August 2007, 08:04 PM   #21
SQ77WMEL
SQTalk Elite Silver

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer

I used the Melbourne "Flounge" in July and was VERY impressed. They actually look like they put some effort into doing something good for once. The Neil Perry food was , i had the "Signature Burger" a great way to fill you up before the flight! (Especially seeing as my QF29 flight got stuck at gate for 2 hours as the cockpit window wouldnt de-ice, and we couldnt get off the plane)
SQ77WMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 05:54 PM   #22
MAN Flyer
SQTalk Founder

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG Life Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia

I actually tried this much famed QF F Lounge at SYD for the first time a few weeks ago. I was flying BA ex-SYD for a change instead of SQ or TG.

I agree that it is a very nice place, the food was excellent and they had a very nice Rose to drink, which in itself is unusual in airport or hotel lounges. It's nice and airy and had great views of the runway and beyond. It was very busy though as they do let any riff raff in with Gold or Platinum Cards rather than just F pax.

How or where would I rate against other so called 'bestest lounges in de world cos we've won awards see' ?. Quite high but not my favourite, which remains the VS CH at LHR. I would rate it higher than the LH F lounges or Terminal in FRA and MUC purely due to the aforementioned light and views and it's definitely better than TPR, which I find myself spending less and less time in these days. It does reinforce my view that if you put lots of windows and natural light in a lounge it makes such a difference rather than windowless boxes a la SKL HKG, MEL, BNE, PER etc and the very annoying grills on TPR windows which spoil the view from there.
Old 9th March 2016, 06:22 PM   #23
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3

Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold, Qantas Gold/Oneworld Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer View Post
I actually tried this much famed QF F Lounge at SYD for the first time a few weeks ago. I was flying BA ex-SYD for a change instead of SQ or TG.

I agree that it is a very nice place, the food was excellent and they had a very nice Rose to drink, which in itself is unusual in airport or hotel lounges. It's nice and airy and had great views of the runway and beyond.
One of my all time favourite lounges!

Quote:
It was very busy though as they do let any riff raff in with Gold or Platinum Cards rather than just F pax.
Which is fortunate for this riff raff, because then I could get in to take pictures, and post them in a TR here...
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 10:56 AM   #24
SQflyergirl
SQTalk Founder

Programs: Kali inilah!

Quote:

How or where would I rate against other so called 'bestest lounges in de world cos we've won awards see' ?.
That in itself is a thread on its' own
SQflyergirl is offline   Reply With Quote