No announcement yet.

Packing your luggage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i keep one suitcase packed at all times with essentials (i.e., underwear, socks, toiletry bag with everything inside, passport holder, etc). i fill it in the night before or the morning of travel with the clothes that best correspond to the climate i will be traveling to. when i return from a trip, i leave the tolietry bag in the suitcase, throw some new underwear and socks in, and am half-ready for my next trip.

Comment

I pack for myself as well, tend to overpack by 10-20% , usually spend about an hour the night before to pack for an average trip.

Comment

I pack 90% of my bag the night before. For work-trips, I choose the shirts I want to bring and Mrs 9V chases me out of the room, locks the doors, folds the shirts and puts them into another bag within the bag. There're often lovely hand-written notes to be found in the shirt-pockets when I put them on at the destination that provide an ab fab start to the day.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          I pack 90% of my bag the night before. For work-trips, I choose the shirts I want to bring and Mrs 9V chases me out of the room, locks the doors, folds the shirts and puts them into another bag within the bag. There're often lovely hand-written notes to be found in the shirt-pockets when I put them on at the destination that provide an ab fab start to the day.
          wow, i'm jealous!

Comment

Those hand written notes are to remind you that you have a wife back home and not to try anything funny while you are lonely overseas!!!!!!!
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Those hand written notes are to remind you that you have a wife back home and not to try anything funny while you are lonely overseas!!!!!!!
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                I'm never lonely overseas Besides talking to the wife, I have you lot here

Comment

Very nice! ^^

Comment

well, i pack my own luggage...

most important thing i ask people before packing... ' how is it there?'

form their reply i will pack accordingly

but stuff that always go in are

HP
                    Laptop
                    $$$
                    Camara
                    Passport
                    Elle and Chocolate (as in the dog)
                    underwear...
                    my travel diary
                    my 'magic backpack'

i usually pack about a luggage full when i go for a 2 week trip

PS: just realized i can fit all my stuff (everything) into 4 standard luggage if i need to go oversea to study (must wait long time... still haven't even done o level yet!)

Comment

...There're often lovely hand-written notes to be found in the shirt-pockets when I put them on at the destination that provide an ab fab start to the day.
                      That's a very nice touch!

Comment

There're often lovely hand-written notes to be found in the shirt-pockets when I put them on at the destination that provide an ab fab start to the day.
                        So sweet ...you're truly lucky. <- note the grin but not a smile. he he he Just kidding....

Comment

http://lifehacker.com/5448014/pack-a...-theft-or-loss

Comment

Don't think this will work if flying into / out of SIN!!!
                            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by tokyonite View Post
                              always pack by myself 3 hours before the flight. never made a mistake.. till now. ha
                              Short trips by myself, I'd do the same. ALWAYS forget something..

Longer holidays with my wifey - she'd pack for me. A few hrs before flight, I'd dig in and remove almost half of what she packs, then get scolded for messing everything up. A few days into our trip, I'd realise that I've taken the wrong stuff out and end up having to buy.

After 20+yrs of marriage, I've not learnt my lesson. My wife has - she packs my stuff into a separate bag so that I can't mess up her stuff. Women are so clever. Haha

Comment

Personally, I just pack the night before my trip. I love this app called Triplist - I can create a list of things I need to take along and check it off as I put them into my bag.

If you feel your packing tends to get messy, you can actually get luggage organisers. There are many options nowadays - whether you want the zippered sets, ziplock type or the drawstrings.

Comment

Working...
                                X