This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
    The 23 June -- 4 September exchange of 77WR and A388 between 306/305 and 231/222 is a straight seasonal swap: the Sydney whale to LHR and the Heathrow 77WR to SYD. From 5 Sept., they return to the current rotations.
    I know that, but the return timings will obviously be different. There will be the same number of redeyes ex-SIN but 3 planes instead of 4 arrive in the morning hours. It probably might mean one plane will remain overnight in SIN, but we have to see how the rotations go.

On the other hand, SWT could be our next candidate for either maintenance OR conversion to 77WR. Has not been flying since 7 Jun. After all SWT is the youngest 77W to have the 2006 products.

Comment

• Just booked a J saver for SQ226 in November and when selecting seats, it's showing a 1-2-1 layout. Plane is listed as a 777-200ER refitted.

Have SQ flown planes with the 2006 J on the PER-SIN route before and is this actually a possibility to stick, or should I assume things will change before November? Would be nice to get that layout for a change (as opposed to the regional J)!

Comment

• Originally posted by arrow29 View Post
        Just booked a J saver for SQ226 in November and when selecting seats, it's showing a 1-2-1 layout. Plane is listed as a 777-200ER refitted.

Have SQ flown planes with the 2006 J on the PER-SIN route before and is this actually a possibility to stick, or should I assume things will change before November? Would be nice to get that layout for a change (as opposed to the regional J)!
        They haven't flown regularly to PER before, but once they come off JNB, then later CPH, IST etc, they're going to have to go somewhere.

Also further A330s are leaving the fleet once they come off leases. BNE has also been rumoured as a 772ER destination.

Comment

• Delivery is still a ways off, but MSNs for SQ's next three A380s have been assigned: MSNs 251, 253, and 255.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
            Delivery is still a ways off, but MSNs for SQ's next three A380s have been assigned: MSNs 251, 253, and 255.
            Maybe they've been shuffled back a bit- planespotters has had the first two listed as 243 and 246 for some time, but I have no idea how authentic that info is.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              Maybe they've been shuffled back a bit- planespotters has had the first two listed as 243 and 246 for some time, but I have no idea how authentic that info is.
              As far as I can tell you're right, they were originally assigned those two MSNs, but they were shuffled back.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                They haven't flown regularly to PER before, but once they come off JNB, then later CPH, IST etc, they're going to have to go somewhere.

Also further A330s are leaving the fleet once they come off leases. BNE has also been rumoured as a 772ER destination.
                Awww man just did BNE last week and PER few months back with the regional J .... The 772ER 2006J are so much better especially for BNE.

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                  Awww man just did BNE last week and PER few months back with the regional J .... The 772ER 2006J are so much better especially for BNE.
                  I thought BNE was promised flat beds? So the 772ER would be going there?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    Perhaps in the future but as of now they only offering a330 regional j so bne is still waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                      That is the logical conclusion. If SQ wants to give BNE a better J product without having to also send an F cabin along with it, then their soon-to-be-freed-up SV* series is definitely the right product. Just too bad about the downgrade in IFE that also brings with it...

Comment

• Looks like 9V-SWB will be out for a significant amount time. Hope they will take the chance to retrofit to 77WN or 77WR configuration.

Side note, thank god everybody is safe!

Comment

• Originally posted by iancasillas View Post
                          Looks like 9V-SWB will be out for a significant amount time. Hope they will take the chance to retrofit to 77WN or 77WR configuration.

Side note, thank god everybody is safe!
                          Thank god everyone was safe. Kudos to the pilot and flight team and the emergency crew at Changi

I think they might write off the plane. Wing damage is quite a big structural damage.

Comment

• guess it depends on the repair costs and the insurance. The aircraft is 9.6 years old already.

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                              Thank god everyone was safe. Kudos to the pilot and flight team and the emergency crew at Changi

I think they might write off the plane. Wing damage is quite a big structural damage.
                              Though I am not an aircraft engineer, i remembered BA 772ER suffered similar incident last in Vegas. That 772ER was fitted with a GE90 and the damaged was even worse. From what I know, that 772ER was not written off.

Comment

• Just flew in on SQ319 with SWU. Am happy to report (if its not been mentioned yet) that SWU has the Voyager 3D maps!

I flew SWB up to LHR on SQ318 2.5 weeks back. Shocked to see it caught fire. Fortunately everyone is safe!

Comment

Working...
                                X