A380 Inaugural Flight to Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 Inaugural Flight to Tokyo

Hi anyone taking the inaugural flight to Tokyo on the 20th MAy?

i know of one SQTalker that is taking the A380 in J. I have been kicking the tires on whether i want to fly the inaugural ex-sin. i am currently waitlisted for a suite on the ex-nrt inaugural. if it clears, i will definitely fly on that one. however, i do not think that it will clear.

Comment

I am still thinking whether fly on Y class .. Still having discussion with my dad. ..

If nothing goes wrong.. will make a booking within next week..

p.s. Just a question.. will i be able to get the cert if i travel on the A380 Yclass?

Comment

Originally posted by laimd View Post
        p.s. Just a question.. will i be able to get the cert if i travel on the A380 Yclass?
        Everyone who went on any of the SIN-SYD-SIN and SIN-LHR-SIN inaugural flights got a goodie bag and cert for each flight.
        For SIN-NRT-SIN therefore I would expect that you'd get those too.
        Congrats !
        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Feeling very vexed now.. I am worried when i reach tokyo.. i wont be able to communicate with those japanese and not knowing where to go for sightseeing....

help help...

Comment

Feeling very vexed now.. I am worried when i reach tokyo.. i wont be able to communicate with those japanese and not knowing where to go for sightseeing....

help help...
            It isn't too hard to get around Japan. Just some basic Japanese words will be enough to help you get around as all the signs are in English.

Comment

Am not on the inuagural, but am wondering if US$2700 is worth it on my ticket to NRT on the Suites and then continuing on another carrier across the Pacific..... Red Eye between SIN-NRT even on Suites may not be very exciting... Maybe I wil do it on return instead...

Comment

Don't worry about getting around Japan. The only Japanese I speak is "arigato" and "hai," and I've thoroughly enjoyed two trips to Japan. All the talk that Japan is impossible to get around if you don't know the language and that none of the signs, even in the subway, are in English is a lot of nonsense. Go. Enjoy Japan.

Comment

help help...
                  You can't expect the Japanese to speak English, just as you cannot expect the English to speak Japanese - notwithstanding English being the default language most everywhere. If you're talking about NRT airport, you won't have a problem getting information in English. Elsewhere in the city, it's touch and go, although I doubt you will have a big problem. Tokyo's very cosmopolitan and is largely English language-friendly. How long are you there for?

Comment

help help...
                    you can pick up any one of a hundred japan travel books in english before going. it will tell you how to get wherever you want to go, and all of the great things japan has to offer. you should go... it's an amazing place.

Comment

Hi guys, new here.. I'll be flying down to Narita on the 26th on a A380. Pretty excited about the flight now.. *Grin*
                      Life's A Bitch,
                      Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by laimd
                        I am worried when i reach tokyo.. i wont be able to communicate with those japanese
                        As they say, money talks......

shame I've to remain rather mute these days then!
                        Last edited by SQflyergirl; 22 May 2008, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
                          Hi guys, new here.. I'll be flying down to Narita on the 26th on a A380. Pretty excited about the flight now.. *Grin*
                          Down? Where are you flying from? The North Pole ?

Comment

Why SQ don't make A380 flight to LAX from NRT ???

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Formzs View Post
                              Why SQ don't make A380 flight to LAX from NRT ???

Thanks
                              They do not have enough A380s at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X