No announcement yet.

TPE-LAX inaugural 777-300ER flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great report, Taipeiflyer. Looks like SQ has continued to impress you. By the way, how do you like the F seats on 77W?
    Last edited by UMD; 2 August 2007, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Caviar has finished now on TG.
      Last September on TG F 346 from NRT to BKK they did the caviar service from a cart...too bad it's gone now.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        Great report, Taipeiflyer. Looks like SQ has continued to impress you. By the way, how do you like the F seats on 77W?
        Thanks UMD. I really love the new seats. They are large, but that was one of the benefits I thought. It was nice being able to see the couple's children that were seated in C be able to come up to F and sit next to their mom and dad and everyone be comfortable. Now if only I could get a Singapore Girl to occupy the other half of my seat. =) I didn't find them to be too slippery, but you do require a lot of pillows to eat in the bed position, but other than that, no complaints at all. If the biggest problem is that it is too big, that is a design defect I will gladly overlook.

Comment

Nice flight report, taipeiflyer

"Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

ha tapei i finally got my broadband back after shaping. Splendid report mate and it looks like you made some little kids day and possibly helped his love for the aviation world. (SQ hopefully)

Just wanted to ask is it uncomfortable either trying to eat or watch the IFE in bed position? (exactly how do you enjoy the gastronomic delights onboard when its in bed position?)

Comment

Great report taipeiflyer! Its great to hear the new F getting some good rep now that the kinks have been smoothed out. How was it like using KrisWorld on that huge crystal screen? And kudos to you for doing a good turn by making a little kid's day!
              Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by token01 View Post
                ha tapei i finally got my broadband back after shaping. Splendid report mate and it looks like you made some little kids day and possibly helped his love for the aviation world. (SQ hopefully)

Just wanted to ask is it uncomfortable either trying to eat or watch the IFE in bed position? (exactly how do you enjoy the gastronomic delights onboard when its in bed position?)
                hi token,
                eating in the bed position isn't all that difficult. the trays are very user friendly- able to adjust the height and extend it very far. so all you have to do is put some pillows behind you and enjoy!

Comment

Taipeiflyer - thanks for sharing. I don't know how you do it with so many luggage but I for one would be a bit stressed out...and given the branded items, I would not even think of checking it in. Maybe it's OK where you're and where you're heading to. I would not even dream of that in LHR.

I'll have a chance to do the 77W in F on the way back from TPE. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                    .I didn't find them to be too slippery, but you do require a lot of pillows to eat in the bed position, but other than that, no complaints at all.

Just noticed on my last flight that they have phased in some improvements:

Compare this old one....

To this one I just took on SWA.

Notice the new PADDED headrest and 'patchwork' done on the seat (to prevent slipping)

Comment

Thanks for your very nice trip report, taipeiflyer. What an enjoyable read, particularly the part about making the trip extra special for the little boy.

Thanks, mec, for the update. I'm very happy to see that SQ is adjusting its product based on customer feedback ... expected from the company, but reassuring as well.
                      Last edited by jjpb3; 11 December 2007, 01:15 AM. Reason: change in username
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        Thanks, mec, for the update. I'm very happy to see that SQ is adjusting its product based on customer feedback ... expected from the company, but reassuring as well.
                        According to the senior steward in my flight to HKG last week, adjustments are indeed being done to make the seats "softer" in both the C and F cabins of the 773ER.

He added that nothing was mentioned of a new F product for the A380.

Comment

Thanks for that Mec ! Its great that SQ is really listening to the pax's opinion. As for the A380 having a new F, SIA is a notoriously tight-lipped company and there are many things that Senior Management keeps secret from cabin crew such as major product launches, i.e. a new A380 First. So we'll just have to wait and see
                          Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

The headrest cover colour is VILE!

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                              The headrest cover colour is VILE!

That is the same contrasting color Givenchy used on the 77W FCL product for the cabin; on the mattresses, pillow and blankets.
                              Last edited by mec; 8 August 2007, 02:18 PM.

Comment

A contrasting continuation of a colour theme granted.

But the colour mass on the headrest is so large it looks.... vile? To me anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X