TPE-LAX inaugural 777-300ER flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    Sounds like you had a great time taipeiflyer!

Thanks for sharing your experience and pictures.

Nice set of luggage!
    Worldwide traveller? You mean those are 32"?
    A bit too big for me - knowing me I would pack it more to more than 32kg per per pc. That's why I stick to the 26" versions.
    yes StarG, those are the 32". Surprisingly, it's never the 32" that I end up overpacking. It's always the wheeled duffles that end up giving me trouble. I guess because larger boxes holding a bag inside can fit into the 32" perfectly, and do not weigh very much. The wheeled duffle I tend to pack more densely, including shoes, etc, which weigh it down more.

Comment

Thanks taipeiflyer for sharing. Oh....how I miss Taiwan.....

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
        As there were only three passengers in first...
        That sounds so cool...more Krug for you!

...which was very embarrassing for me, as I try to be rather unassuming and blend in with the crowd...My face was already red from having the spotlight on me for the previous fifteen minutes
        Looks like you did a great job. Milk that spotlight...how many other people had that opportunity? Very cool.

While I was waiting to board the flight, a young boy no older than 6 approached me and asked what was in the SQ bag I was holding. I told him that it was a model airplane of the plane we would be flying on. His eyes literally doubled in size in wonder and awe, and I presented him with the model plane and wished him a lifetime of love for aviation. He went hopping and skipping back to his parents ready to share his new gift for all to see, which brought a big smile to my face.
        Extremely generous and nice of you. RESPECT!

The LS was both beautiful and kind- recently promoted and very attentive and engaging. I was seated in 1A, and she would always stop by to smile, top off my krug, and just engage in regular conversation, including asking me where I recommend she shop, as she had not been back to LA in quite awhile.
        Now, did you do the number exchange (as friends, of course) and let her know your new best friend, Huge Al, lives in LA and is one of the best tour guides?

Awesome report, man!
        HUGE AL

Comment

Nice report taipeiflyer
          The lobster's portion looked the same as that in C during my SIN-HKG flight.

Comment

To taipeiflyer,

Are you willing to sell you 1:200 SQ 773ER model? I'm a 1:200 & 1:400 aircraft models collector. Or is it any other way you can talk to your local PPS co-ordinator to get an extra one? I'll be coming to TPE from Aug 26 till 28...

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
              To taipeiflyer,

Are you willing to sell you 1:200 SQ 773ER model? I'm a 1:200 & 1:400 aircraft models collector. Or is it any other way you can talk to your local PPS co-ordinator to get an extra one? I'll be coming to TPE from Aug 26 till 28...
              hi sqtalker- i gave the model plane away to a young boy that i met the night of the flight. i am sorry that i don't have another one.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                That sounds so cool...more Krug for you!

Looks like you did a great job. Milk that spotlight...how many other people had that opportunity? Very cool.

Extremely generous and nice of you. RESPECT!

Now, did you do the number exchange (as friends, of course) and let her know your new best friend, Huge Al, lives in LA and is one of the best tour guides?

Awesome report, man!
                thanks HUGE AL! I didn't do the number exchange, but I will definitely let them know about one of LA's best tour guides!

Comment

hi sqtalker- i gave the model plane away to a young boy that i met the night of the flight. i am sorry that i don't have another one.
                  It's really a pity that you gave away to a young boy for free...! Let's hope he didn't trash it...as just recently I read a forum about a dad who is also an aircraft model collector & he placed all of his planes into one huge glass cabinet (his house is some where in the east coast of the U.S.), one day before he came back from work, his son & daughter were get into fighting & running around in the living room, his Mexican maid was unable to calm them down, guess what, at the end these 2 kids just pulled the entire glass cabinet down to the floor, all of the plane were smashed into 0 value which it cost him thousands of dollars to buy it in the last 10 years, some of them were limited edition which nobody will post it on eBay either.

How about if you can contact your local PPS co-ordinator to get an extra one? They normally stock up a whole bunch. I remember when they promoted the A380 back in Jun 2005, they also give away a bunch of 1:200 A380...I missed the opportunity to buy it on eBay as the last bid was well over US$100...!

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
                    Note to CGK: Which airline still does the "bells and whistles" caviar service? For plated, I thought NH did a good job.....for "a la carte"?
                    I think SQ still have that on some routes. CX still does that in F as well.

Comment

Just realized... shouldn't the title of this thread be TPE-LAX not TPE-SIN?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        Just realized... shouldn't the title of this thread be TPE-LAX not TPE-SIN?
                        my goodness, how could i have made such a big mistake? can one of the mods please edit the title accordingly? thanks StarG!

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
                          Note to CGK: Which airline still does the "bells and whistles" caviar service? For plated, I thought NH did a good job.....for "a la carte"?
                          I had not been in F with caviar service for a long time.
                          Just took LX, but no caviar. NH last time, caviar was in the small glass container, and yes the egg etc were pre-plated.
                          LH, I believe, is still serving from the big tin container. Will try to make a note on my next LH flight.
                          TG, I did not remember how they served the caviar.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            TG, I did not remember how they served the caviar.
                            Caviar has finished now on TG.

Comment

Great trip report.
                              Thanks for sharing!
                              BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                Caviar has finished now on TG.
                                It shows that I had not been on TG for a very long time!

Comment

Working...
                                X