Inaugural flight of SIA A330 300 AMD-SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inaugural flight of SIA A330 300 AMD-SIN

I was forutnate enough and only by chance to travel in J on the inaugural A330-300 flight from AMD-SIN yesterday on 2 Nov 2010.

Senior officals from SIA were present at the new Ahmedabad (AMD) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport to make an announcement introducing the A330 -300 as part of their product upgrade in India during their 40 year celebrations. They also indicated that the Indian public should enjoy the new experience as part of travel during Diwali.

It was a nice touch for SIA to make an effort to introduce the A330 300 to AMD.

Currently there is only two flights per week between AMD-SIN. At the launch they announced the trail of a new flight from AMD-SIN for operations between December and January and some special introductory prices for return travel between AMD-SIN.

SIA announced special introductory offer as follows:

"Passengers can now fly the new experience by availing of the special all inclusive return fares of INR 19,999 on Economy class by booking between Nov 2-9, 2010 and for an additional INR 10,000 per sector, customers can enjoy the best business class seats in the sky.

The return fare on Business class that will be available for booking from Nov 2-4, will be INR 39,999 (all inclusive). The travel validity on business class fares will be from Nov 2-Dec 31, 2010" (press release). One Australian dollar is worth around INR 43.

All J and KFG were provided a SIA gift back which I can photograph for you all later as I only just got back to Australia.

Singapore Airlines will introduce a new flight on the Ahmedabad-Singapore route by end of this month for operations between December and January period. Hopefully SIA will permanently go back to three flights a week on this route which they have have on and off over the past few years

Thejre has been some media coverage in India citing press releases from SIA General Manager C W Foo who states SIA underlines its commitment towards Gujarat,” Foo said.

AMD airport made a special effort making sure everything was in place for the occassion. I was also lucky enough to be the first passenger to Board on A330 300. We were able to use the airbridge which is unuusal as in the past we would nornally catch a bus from the aircraft to the terminal. Airport staff all around were enusring the airport was tidy.

The flight attendents board were a little overwhelmed as senior SIA were also on Board and seem to make their job a little harder by making sure everything was done strictly by the rules. A flight attendent also confided they would welcome the introduction of the new flight as AMD and there were less to do in AMD compared to other cities with the focus on industry and the restrictions on alcohol as well as the long wait between Tuesday and Saturday for flights.

As stated before it was a present surprise to turn up at a lunch and I will certainly enjoy the A330 300 product in the future.

wow! That's a fantastic offer!!!
    I think SQ seems to be overcharging its ex SIN passengers to cross subsidise other stations. They always give good offers from overseas stations....

Gunner, thanks for sharing! It would be good if you could show some pictures soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
      I think SQ seems to be overcharging its ex SIN passengers to cross subsidise other stations. They always give good offers from overseas stations....

Gunner, thanks for sharing! It would be good if you could show some pictures soon.
      I can't agree more! Just compare ex-sin return vs ex-hkg return, u can try many combinations and you will end up higher fare for ex-sin. Well SQ has a national role to attract foreigners to Singapore I guess
      ________
      Ford Reflex
      Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
        ...except CGK.

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
          Well SQ has a national role to attract foreigners to Singapore I guess
          Well, it worked for me!
          When I used to live in CAI, every year when I travel back home to CGK I always chose to book SQ roundtrip journey ex-CAI (CAI - DXB - SIN - CGK and back). Believe it or not, SQ ex-CAI to CGK is cheaper than EK ex-CAI to CGK (EK used to be CAI - DXB - KUL - CGK, but now CAI - DXB - CGK)!
          Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Originally posted by Gunners View Post
            Senior officals from SIA were present at the new Ahmedabad (AMD) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport to make an announcement introducing the A330 -300 as part of their product upgrade in India during their 40 year celebrations. They also indicated that the Indian public should enjoy the new experience as part of travel during Diwali.
            Kem cho? Happy Diwali!
            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
            X