Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
    Narcotics.
    Who'd be insane enough to smuggle drugs through changi?
    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

That's a usual procedure coming from CGK, but you don't loose more than 5 minutes.

Laurent

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        I got this three times in a row one week after the next, all from BKK. It can get very frustrating...
        I also experienced that on my arrival by SQ979 from BKK. They shut down the movators in that gate section. First time ever for me on arrival. As surprised as I was, I was more surprised with the additional security screening they have an CNX which you have to go thru before even getting to the check-in counter.

Comment

Is there a security check on Planes coming from Vietnam

Comment

I haven't encountered any in all my VN flights

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
              Who'd be insane enough to smuggle drugs through changi?
              Unfortunately there are. The most publicized being the Aussie who was caught whilst in transit from Cambodia to Australia.

Comment

Not Sure If there is a Death Penalty in Singapore for smuggling drugs through Changi but off the topic a little one only has to think about the Bali Nine and Schapelle Corby doing 20 years in a Bali Prison and ask themselves is it worth risking your life to do so even if there is a big amount of money to be made

Comment

Originally posted by SQADL333 View Post
                  Not Sure If there is a Death Penalty in Singapore for smuggling drugs through Changi
                  Yes there is. And it has been/will be applied.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Yes there is. And it has been/will be applied.
                    Indeed. But people must realize that when smuggling drugs through SIN Darwin is not your friend!
                    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

from what i hear (and hence the absolute credibility of this ), security checks on arrival are not in SQ hands but are fronted by CAAS based on intelligence received, which also determines some originating airports and not others. If you look at the list so far - BKK, MNL, CGK - its not very surprising, is it. And rather than to look at it as not neighbourly, it may suggest cooperation among the police agencies involved.

Comment

I don't understand BKK and MNL. Maybe I'm reading to casually into this, but please explain why it's not surprising for BKK and MNL to be on the list?

Comment

I don't understand BKK and MNL. Maybe I'm reading to casually into this, but please explain why it's not surprising for BKK and MNL to be on the list?
                          I am not surprised in the slightest that BKK and MNL are on the list.

Also never been sent through the check in all the times I have come in from SGN or HAN. They must trust those Communists.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            I am not surprised in the slightest that BKK and MNL are on the list.
                            Pleased to hear your comments also.

Comment

BKK is one of the main departure points of drugs from the Golden Triangle.
                              MNL is a major transit point as well for drugs.

http://www.state.gov/p/inl/rls/nrcrp...tml/100780.htm
                              Last edited by 9V-JKL; 13 October 2009, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Pleased to hear your comments also.
                                Eh ?!. It's self explanatory...its Bangkok....and Manila!!. Just like they do it from Jakarta.

Play around with Google for a bit and it may help you out.

Comment

Working...
                                X