Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qatar just introduced new business class - now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qatar just introduced new business class - now what?

Well, people wait for this products for more than 2 years and now Akbar Al Baker finally unveiled this in ITB Berlin, this product, dubbed "Q Suite" features:
    - Each suite pair in middle row contains 4 seats with controllable seat divider (business meeting onboard won't be a problem anymore, perfect if this comes with Wi-Fi.)
    - Each suite pair contains 2 seats that can be converted to double bed (simply putting other competitors into shame)
    - Closed door on every seat (of course, but no Mile High Club please due to low door height.)
    - Wi-Fi on all retrofitted 777 fleet (keep yourself connected with no data limits, unlike OnAir on SQ fleet)

This is an official pic of that product:

I love it. It's great when travelling as a family.

More info:
    https://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-s-q-s...-class-bedroom

Comment

Oh my! That's a truely innovative and impressive product! I secretly hope SQ will offer us a notch up in their 2017 new J/F product! I'm sure these Q suites would be very comfortably fit on their 777X fleet and maybe just the right size for the 77W / A380 but isn't the A350 width too narrow to comfortably fit in these gorgeous suites?

Comment

Very nice indeed...... Off to go dig under my sofa for some pennies to try this out....

Comment

just wow!

Comment

Wow, this is amazing!

I recall that Al-Baker openly stated that he won't add PEY to QR, but it looks like they are adding a sort of "Premium J".

Very keen to see how redemption rates for this will be like, as I definitely want to try this out someday.

Comment

It does look very impressive. A lot of comments on the internet with many positives but a few nots. The one key info that is missing is the measurements though. Why didn't QR provide the details?

Comment

Qsuite promotional video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yhZDsctiZg

I couldn't help but think that SQ was their inspiration to match and surpass, with the seat close-ups showing the attention to detail, and the "Congratulations" cake.

Comment

Remarkable, QR has certainly moved J seats into a totally new level of design. Hats off to Al Baker and his OCD!

My only apprehension is the back-facing seats especially at take-off. Wonder if it'll be uncomfortable - but the crew don't seem to have any problems with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X