The SQTalk Rimowa Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SQTalk Rimowa Thread

I was wondering, since SQTalk has a Tumi thread, maybe there might be one or two Rimowa Fans out here too?

How the China made ones coming along?
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

and we should also have a BRIGGS & RILEY thread.

Comment

The more luggage threads the better.

I need to replace both my backpack and cabin rollaboard soon!

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
          How the China made ones coming along?
          Pretty good la. What can you expect from $15.99 specials coming out of Zhengzhou?

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          The more luggage threads the better.

I need to replace both my backpack and cabin rollaboard soon!
          Too many miles?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Too many miles?
            More like owner abuse!

Zipper is broken. Gonna try and get it replaced but the colour is an unusual one and it is unlikely that I can get the same colour on a replacement.

Ironically the broken one is a chocolate brown ballistic nylon Tumi backpack, and since it is out of action, I had to dig up an old grey Samsonite backpack to use in the mean time.

Sorry just ruined the integrity of your spanking new Rimowa thread with a Tumi/Samsonite post ...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
              Sorry just ruined the integrity of your spanking new Rimowa thread with a Tumi/Samsonite post ...
              No need to apologize about integrity. My Rimowas are all $15.99 specials from Zhengzhou anyway.

My current fleet is this:

a Topas 923.53 IATA handcarry
              a Limbo 881.52 IATA handcarry in Blue
              a Salsa Deluxe Hybrid 840.52 IATA handcarry in Oriental Red
              a Limbo 881.63 26" Suitcase in blue
              a Salsa Air 820.63 26" Suitcase in Ruby Pink
              a Salsa Deluxe 830.77 32" Suitcase in Oriental Red
              a Salsa Air 820.77 32" Suitcase in Ice Blue
              a Topas Titanium 923.77 32" Suitcase
              a Topas Sports Trunk 923.75 89L

All nicely dinged with a good dosage of miles spread out between them

Comment

I am a sucker for those Lufthansa world traveler editions. I feel the flying crane emblem on the top right corner adds a certain elegance to the grooves. really looking forward to my Munich trip again!

Comment

My Rimowa.... hope there are sufficient dinks in there ..

my other Rimowa....

Comment

My Rimowa.... hope there are sufficient dinks in there ..

Now THAT is what I'm talking about !

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Now THAT is what I'm talking about !
                      I am thinking of selling....

Comment

I own both rimowa and samsonite, but seeing my family member's rimowa, i am leaned towards samsonite. That certain rimowa has lost one of its wheel twice, and we discovered that the wheel is just glued, not screwed. Also lost one of the zipper. I have to admit it is lighter than my samsonite. The quality of the body is superior to samsonite. But given the wheel acciddent, when travelling long haul i prefer samsonite due to its reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
                          I own both rimowa and samsonite, but seeing my family member's rimowa, i am leaned towards samsonite. That certain rimowa has lost one of its wheel twice, and we discovered that the wheel is just glued, not screwed. Also lost one of the zipper. I have to admit it is lighter than my samsonite. The quality of the body is superior to samsonite. But given the wheel acciddent, when travelling long haul i prefer samsonite due to its reliability.
                          I lost a wheel when I collected my bag at Stockholm airport.... three wheels rollable to the taxi, but not on the cobblestone sidewalks in the city...

My colleague in Stockholm contacted Rimowa, have the driver send the case to them, and in the afternoon the wheel was replaced and back in the office, it would be free had I not said the wheel was lost by the airline, but it was minimal charge.... if I had been more persistent in looking for airport staff, the hweel would have been replaced by the airline, but I was in a rush to get into the city and then to the office.

Comment

I lost a wheel when I collected my bag at Stockholm airport.... three wheels rollable to the taxi, but not on the cobblestone sidewalks in the city...

My colleague in Stockholm contacted Rimowa, have the driver send the case to them, and in the afternoon the wheel was replaced and back in the office, it would be free had I not said the wheel was lost by the airline, but it was minimal charge.... if I had been more persistent in looking for airport staff, the hweel would have been replaced by the airline, but I was in a rush to get into the city and then to the office.
                            funny you said that, because I lost (my family's rimowa though, but I am travelling with them) it in Copenhagen, and the nightmare continues to Stockholm (walking from Stockholm station to Odenplan via a sandy courtyard. Fortunately it was not cobblestone, though it still was a pain). The next was in LHR by our own mistake. All replaced for free.

Comment

My latest Rimowa... got recently from FRA

Comment

Working...
                              X