Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    I thought they would install the seats at the Boeing factory after painting the aircraft just so that they don't land the plane in Singapore and not service it for weeks (When CX took delivery of B-HNR, they started flying passenger service right when it got delivered to HKG). But given that the same happened to SNB, SNC is likely to be a 4-class aircraft as well.
    That's the normal procedure. I think the whole introduction of PEY changed things in such a way that SQ decided it was easier for them to do it all post-delivery. Maybe the change of SNB/SNC to 77WRs happened relatively late and they were supposed to be 77WNs?

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
      Newer maps. Sorry, didn't take any pictures.
      Ok, how about Wifi? T-Mobile or On-Air?

Comment

• Originally posted by worldrally View Post
        Am looking to book a J seat to NRT next June. Contrary to the announcement above, the website is showing a 2x2x2 777-200 refitted SR-series instead of an ER. Wonder what's going on, or am I missing something here.
        Yeah, unfortunately when talking about SQ's 772s it can be very confusing. Technically, every one of SQ's 772s are in fact 777-200ERs and are usually referred to as such. The SQ* and SR* series are 'derated' which I don't profess to understand much about other than the engines installed are not capable of flying the extended range.

If SQ's website shows an SR* series, then that's what you will get.

Comment

• 9V-SNC is on her way as I speak now... 17 hours non stop flight from PAE, prolly no interior fitted yet like 9V-SNB when delivered, a lot lighter so she can fly longer...

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
            9V-SNC is on her way as I speak now... 17 hours non stop flight from PAE, prolly no interior fitted yet like 9V-SNB when delivered, a lot lighter so she can fly longer...
            ETA 0215 27/Nov
            Actually all 77Ws were delivered from PAE non-stop

Comment

• Delivery flights can go very long distances non-stop since there's essentially no payload. QF once had their A330s go non-stop from TLS to MEL on their delivery flight. 20 hours in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                9V-SNC is on her way as I speak now... 17 hours non stop flight from PAE, prolly no interior fitted yet like 9V-SNB when delivered, a lot lighter so she can fly longer...
                Yup we'll know in a few days if its undergoing being configured to a 77WR. Speaking of 77WR, SWN is supposed to hatch soon, it's reaching 6 weeks. Hope this weekend to sometime next week.

Comment

Yup we'll know in a few days if its undergoing being configured to a 77WR. Speaking of 77WR, SWN is supposed to hatch soon, it's reaching 6 weeks. Hope this weekend to sometime next week.
                  SQ326/SQ325 goes daily 77WR from 09 December; SQ328/SQ327 goes daily 77WR from 10 December. SWN will appear ahead of those dates.

Comment

She was out of the hanger and had an air-test today that concluded at 1300hrs. She's now at stand 302.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calcjr23 View Post
                      She was out of the hanger and had an air-test today that concluded at 1300hrs. She's now at stand 302.
                      As everyone would say....SWN has hatched, and yup, it has done an air test today, and I know it's the next 77WR for sure.

Next guess...SWO could be next (As listed on the Wifi thread as an aircraft previously without Wifi about to get reconfigured to 77WR with Wifi), next in the alphabet unless a different reg gets taken out of service. That should take 5-6 weeks, assuming early 2016, which should perform SQ16/15 and SQ494/495. Currently SWO has done SQ16, and is doing SQ15 back to SIN. In a few days let's see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by worldrally View Post
                        Am looking to book a J seat to NRT next June. Contrary to the announcement above, the website is showing a 2x2x2 777-200 refitted SR-series instead of an ER. Wonder what's going on, or am I missing something here.
                        Looking at Seatguru, some B772ERs do have 2-2-2 seating. Not sure how accurate they are though.
                        Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

• Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
                          Looking at Seatguru, some B772ERs do have 2-2-2 seating. Not sure how accurate they are though.
                          Ignore everything on Seatguru about the 772 fleet. Total rubbish. Several of the variants they list left the fleet ages ago and their descriptions of the "product" are generic and applied to almost every plane in the fleet. Most of the people who comment don't even know which variant they were flying on.

The only accurate way to check 772 seating for a flight is to search a booking on the website and click on the aircraft type. Still not 100% but without doing that you can't match your plane to what is on Seatguru in the first place.

Comment

• Broken beds on 777WN first class

Just travelled on SQ2 and when the bed was made, I realized that the fold-in panel to the foot rest was bending down. Upon checking I realized that the hinge was broken. Looking at all the rest of the seats, they had the same problem. Did anyone noticed that?

Comment

• I wonder what happened. I thought SQ2/1 always (and I mean never any switches) gets the 77WN. Today flightradar shows SWQ (Old interior instead of SWU-SNA). I thought this was only common on single routes and NOT North America routes

Now I'm starting to figure out even PEY routes will get last minute switches including ICN/SFO.

Comment

I wonder what happened. I thought SQ2/1 always (and I mean never any switches) gets the 77WN. Today flightradar shows SWQ (Old interior instead of SWU-SNA). I thought this was only common on single routes and NOT North America routes

Now I'm starting to figure out even PEY routes will get last minute switches including ICN/SFO.
                                Could be maintenance. SWY has not flown since 12/7.

Comment

Working...
                                X