Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines to review serving nuts on flights after toddler has allergic react

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
    I like my peanuts....not fair for anyone else. I guess i'll start bringing my own nuts if SQ bands it..........
    If they don't serve it expect it to be a ban even on self-sourced nuts

Comment

I haven't read all posts so sorry if this is a duplicate.

I have been on a flight and not peanuts were served due to someone onboard with an allergy. Why can't this carry on?

Comment

I'm actually really not a fan of peanuts but I feel really sorry to hear about a toddler having a peanut allergy on a flight. My father is a fan of peanuts though, so he'd probably be surprised if they did ban it.

Comment

Been following this thread here as well as TOF. On TOF someone highlighted there is a durian ban on SQ (And probably most or even all airlines) and now there is also a bit of a debate about the durian ban there. Not life-threatening as far as I know, but any airline that decides to allow durians onboard probably needs to be renamed Durian Airlines because that aroma is never going to go away! They will probably have to deploy oxygen masks as standard procedure on all flights...

Quite sad that this tragic incident occured. I am among those who believe a calibrated approach is needed (e.g. no peanuts on flights where there is someone with an allergy) rather than a blanket ban.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            Been following this thread here as well as TOF. On TOF someone highlighted there is a durian ban on SQ (And probably most or even all airlines) and now there is also a bit of a debate about the durian ban there. Not life-threatening as far as I know, but any airline that decides to allow durians onboard probably needs to be renamed Durian Airlines because that aroma is never going to go away! They will probably have to deploy oxygen masks as standard procedure on all flights...
            I once opened a packet of durian flavoured wafer biscuits (not even the actual fruit) in a design studio I was sharing. From the picture on the packet I thought they were standard green melon flavour. Everyone evacuated way faster than in 90 seconds! Later that day even the bin I put them in was removed and destroyed.

Here's a thought- could the durian be of use in preventing passengers from trying to take their belongings with them or stop to film it? One of the crew breaks emergency glass behind which a durian is located...

Comment

I remember many years ago (2008) on a SQ flight to Sydney, pretzels instead of nuts were served for the pre-meal bar service. It could be there was a passenger with severe nut allergy onboard? Though I could not remember if any announcements were made.

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

was this severe allergy the first time for SIA in its history?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  Here's a thought- could the durian be of use in preventing passengers from trying to take their belongings with them or stop to film it? One of the crew breaks emergency glass behind which a durian is located...
                  You mean preventing pax from taking belongings in an evacuation? It may have the opposite effect because the locals on the plane might remain onboard to hunt for the durians...

Never underestimate the lengths a durian lover will go to get his fix! You can even run a race with one...

Comment

Working...
                  X