Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ638 Plane Swap :(

My biggest upset came true.

Received a notification that SQ638 to Narita changed from 777-300ER to A380 Last time I sat on A380, altho the seats are quite wide, but they seem quite old and worn out.

I was hoping that they would change it to the new plane as i understood some of the previous flyers got to fly on the refurbished business class!

Should i change dates?

Originally posted by bubbles View Post
    My biggest upset came true.

Received a notification that SQ638 to Narita changed from 777-300ER to A380 Last time I sat on A380, altho the seats are quite wide, but they seem quite old and worn out.

I was hoping that they would change it to the new plane as i understood some of the previous flyers got to fly on the refurbished business class!

Should i change dates?
    I just found out from ExpertFlyer this is happening around the Winter schedule (End of Oct). When are you flying out? And would SQ12 work out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      I just found out from ExpertFlyer this is happening around the Winter schedule (End of Oct). When are you flying out? And would SQ12 work out for you?
      What's happening with the winter schedule that they need to swap planes? Sorry not very clear on this.

I'm flying out on 14 Nov 2355 flight. SQ12 would work but that might also be on the 2006 J?

I saw that Haneda has the A350 tho. I dont think they would let me swap my flights that easily from Narita to Haneda given that mine is redemption

Comment

Same here

Comment

Originally posted by SQkid View Post
          Same here
          u flying on the same day too?

Comment

SQ638 has often been served by an A380 for 6 monthly periods. This is not particularly surprising.

Comment

What's happening with the winter schedule that they need to swap planes? Sorry not very clear on this.

I'm flying out on 14 Nov 2355 flight. SQ12 would work but that might also be on the 2006 J?

I saw that Haneda has the A350 tho. I dont think they would let me swap my flights that easily from Narita to Haneda given that mine is redemption
              SQ12 is served only by the 4-class 77WR, meaning you get 2013 F, J, S, Y. SQ228 is right though but now I feel it's because they're trying to get more 3-class aircraft for retrofitting. It's only going to be a matter of time til every route will be 77WR thus it would be standard across the 77W fleet.

HND has a flight on the 350 (morning), older 2006 77W (afternoon) and 77WR (night).

Comment

u flying on the same day too?
                Im flying off later in November but my plane is also a A380 now however my return is still a 77W

Comment

Several on this website seems to be flying SQ638 towards the end of the year. I think we are all wishing for it to be a 77WR ( 2013 products ) , turns out to be an A380 where all are just 2006 products. I have been keeping track of the planes going to NRT, when I heard there is a change in seats I really thought it was a new 77W only to realise it was an A380, my heart just sank .

Comment

I don't get it with the fuss about having a plane with the new 2013 J. And when the latest J gets introduced, there will another fuss about the not having the newest shiny product. Then again, SQ is really slow in updating its J products. Oh well.

If you guys want the newer J products to Tokyo, just gun for SQ 12, SQ 632 and SQ 636. If you are on a redemption, I believe that you can switch the flights without much difficulties. But as to whether there are seats available, that's another matter.

And no SQ 638 has not had a 380 for quite a while.

Comment

As mentioned in my previous reply, you can try to log on to my booking to see if you can swap to SQ 12 or SQ 632 or SQ 636. It should not be a problem.

As to whether there are seats available, not too sure. You might have to waitlist, but retain your existing booking on SQ 638.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        SQ638 has often been served by an A380 for 6 monthly periods. This is not particularly surprising.
                        Not really. SQ 638 has not had the 380 on its route for a few years. It was the 2nd route to get the 380 though, before Haneda was open to international flights.

As a side note, SQ 217/218 loses the 380. So I guess is where the 380 will go to.

Comment

What if the 638/7 is 2017 J?....

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            What if the 638/7 is 2017 J?....
                            The seat map seems very similar to the older A380 with some Y class in the upper deck so ....

Comment

I'll be flying SQ632/633 SIN-HND Y in September, which is in the A359.
                              Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Working...
                              X