Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which seat to choose in J class on A350?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have taken a couple of A350 flights overnight and here is my personal view on the best seat:

Best seat on SQ are always the bulkhead seats as they have the most space. Similar to the A380, I prefer the middle seats over the window seats.

My favorite seats are 11D/F, hands down the best seats: The forward galley is almost not used, very quiet, lots of space. 11F wins the contest as there is no toilet on the right hand side.

Winner: 11F, followed by 11D. Best seats on the whole plane. I would strongly recommend even for single travelers. Most space (you have the whole foot bench width), most quiet (they hardly use the front galley). Crew sleeps above you and the head room is smaller due to the crew compartment.

Second winner: 11A/K, again very quiet, more space than the standard seats but the seat is narrower due the fuselage and there is only one window. The foot space is less than for 11D/F and you can only stretch out by using the cubby hole.

Third choice: 19A/K, very close to the most active galley but still shielded, more space due to being a bulkhead seat.

I would advice against 19D/F. They are basically in the middle of the galley (when you are seated you can see all of the galley in front of 19A/K and the flimsy curtains are not helping). Very noisy, not very private.

Absolute no go are 18D/F, the toilet doors are right next to the seat and the doors are facing the seats. Terrible seats and I would hate to sit there.

Comment

Apart from the bulk head (and row 18) are all the seats pretty much the same please?

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        Apart from the bulk head (and row 18) are all the seats pretty much the same please?
        Yup, pretty much. And take note of the windowless rows if you're a window person

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
          Yup, pretty much. And take note of the windowless rows if you're a window person
          What rows do not have Windows please?

If it is 1-2-1 I always go Window.

Comment

I tried seat 11K from ARN to SIN.

Seat wise, similar to 777W, 2" narrower didn' make much difference to me as I'm 5ft7. In the 777W, I could look out from 2 windows from 11K while the A350 only has the first window shut, felt the entire seat was smaller in that sense. Aisle is narrower, a potential nuisance during sleep because i could see the light from seat 11F monitor from my monitor. The reflection could be bright at times and a concern for light sleeper like me. Cabin wise, it wasn't quiet but less noisy and kess dry than 777W.

I still prefer 777W!

Strangely, I experienced vertigo for a couple of hours. It was OK during the ARN-DME leg but shortly after the plane took off in the DME-SIN leg, my chest started to feel edgy and minutes later, the side and back of my head started to ache. Is this due to the cabin pressure? As in new planes are lijely to have sttonger cabin pressre?

Comment

Just did SQ 32 SIN-SFO in 11A.

In short, don't do it! Like all those who commented before me, it's tighter and narrower and though I'm not tall at 182cm, it wasn't as comfortable as in the 777s. Also, the toilet and galley on this side is widely used now so a lot of traffic throughout. The saving grace is that you're first out the door but that's about it.

Luck might have it on this flight 11D and 11F were occupied by a couple with kids so you can imagine the noise though to be fair they weren't that bad except for short periods of time. I asked the CS about it and he said that 11D and 11F were a popular choice for parents with kids who can't fit the bassinet in row 19 so be warned!

Comment

Was very recently on the A350 in seat 15K.

I enjoy looking out at the turning fan blades and that beautiful winglet but 15K is a bit forward to see the engine and you have to literally stick your face to the window for a proper view.

So I took 16K on the way back and managed some nice pics and videos out of the window.
                17K will give you a perfect view but is just in front of the toilet and the galley can get busy.

In terms of privacy, both 15K and 16K were very quiet and once I lean back in my seat, it felt like I was in my own world. I only noticed the other pax when I see their feet moving or the movie they are watching.

11K though with a larger foot rest area seems very cramped and dark. The galley in front was quiet but was used as a holding area for trolleys that had the fruits and desserts.

Also, the front toilet is not accessible when prepping for landing. I assume it's for security reasons. I personally will avoid 11K.

If one avoids the seats near the toilet or galley, I don't think there is a bad seat in J.

Comment

Definetely 11DF, as a single passenger or couple. Same like other type of aircraft (777, 380, 330) bulk head seats row 11 are always the absolute winner. The quietness and privacy (less traffic) are there, also first to disembark.

Comment

Agreed 76er, I have just landed in SIN and was sat in 15A. The seat was far enough away from everyone else, but not too far forward so you can still get access to the bathrooms in the middle.

Comment

Would you guys choose the forward cabin or the smaller back cabin. Bulkhead seats are out of the question. So would you recommend 14-15a or 20-21a

Comment

Originally posted by sqzulu View Post
                        Would you guys choose the forward cabin or the smaller back cabin. Bulkhead seats are out of the question. So would you recommend 14-15a or 20-21a
                        front cabin for sure, quieter...less crew walking...

Comment

Working...
                        X