A350 Power Sockets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
    I fly the refurbished 777-200ER frequently (SV series) and thought I'd pitch in. For J they do not have USB port. As for AC plug, it does not accept the UK plug. In fact I'm pretty sure the 2006 J and F even on the 77W do not accept the UK plug (which is annoying for Singaporeans since we use that). You'd have to bring an adapter.

I'm not 100% sure but i think Y has no plugs at all for the 777-200ER.

This was taken a couple of years back on a retrofitted B772ER I flew on and yes, I can confirm that it accepts the UK plug. Only the USB port is missing on the retrofitted seats. However USB port and AC plug is available in Economy on the re-retrofitted B772ER (SVB).

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
      This was taken a couple of years back on a retrofitted B772ER I flew on and yes, I can confirm that it accepts the UK plug. Only the USB port is missing on the retrofitted seats. However USB port and AC plug is available in Economy on the re-retrofitted B772ER (SVB).
      I was under the impression that even though it looks like a UK 3-pin plug would fit, it actually doesn't. At least I remember trying to shove my iPhone plug in to no avail... Cabin crew had to provide me with an adapter.

In any case, I'm flying it tomorrow and can try it out!

Comment

Im also on the refitted 772ER this week, I will bring adapters anyway but will report back.

I haven't been on the 772ER since the days of purple seats, been avoiding as much as possible. But I am connecting from SQ51 and SQ245 is the best flight to Brisbane without having to wait long periods.

Comment

Oops. I stand corrected. My 3-pin UK/Singapore plug was able to fit on the 772ER

Comment

The newer planes should have the new black-coloured Empower 3-pin UK compatible power plugs (e.g. 9V-SNA, a 77WN) , but I would still bring a 2-pin US adapter because some 77Ws with 2006 products still have the older white coloured Empower power sockets that accept US 2-pin, but not UK 3-pin (Example 9V-SWR).

Even if your scheduled equipment is a 77WN or 77WR, it might get swapped out for a 77W for operational reasons, so I would bring an adapter in any case.
            Last edited by yflyer; 10 July 2017, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
              The newer planes should have the new black-coloured Empower 3-pin UK compatible power plugs (e.g. 9V-SNA, a 77WN) , but I would still bring a 2-pin US adapter because some 77Ws with 2006 products still have the older white coloured Empower power sockets that accept US 2-pin, but not UK 3-pin (Example 9V-SWR).

Even if your scheduled equipment is a 77WN or 77WR, it might get swapped out for a 77W for operational reasons, so I would bring an adapter in any case.
              I noticed that when I flew SWW and SWZ back in Dec/Jan. It's pretty cumbersome to have it under the seat. It was a little nicer to have it on the armrest. But yes, generally I saw the same thing as well when I've flown it 3 times already before. (SWA, SWK, SWE, SWS) at the time they were 2006 77W.

Comment

Working...
              X