Singapore Airlines boosts Paris-CDG to 10x weekly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    From 25/Mar 2018, CDG SQ336/5 reverts to daily A380 and no more SQ334/333...

So the 10x 77WR is interim
    I think I know why it sounds temporary:

They'd be getting the 77WR in October off the AKL flight when it reverts to the A380. As far as the other 77WR, that I am sure about. The one getting freed from MUC could go to CPH as a daily flight. No other Southern hemisphere route except AKL gets a temporary 77WR during the Winter Season in the Southern Hemisphere.

Of course I am no expert, but depending on the situation, sometimes they *might* keep the 77WRs even on the CDG route permanently.

Comment

Yes. In March, the A380 will start operating the route again. SQ333/334 seems to be a compensation rather than a season related decision.

SQ is the first airline to have been flying A380 and the cabin becomes aged so I presume that they will take this time to refurbish these aircraft and wait meanwhile for 15 new A380 orders.

It seems that during this period of time, SQ tries to deviate SIN-CDG passengers to SIN-ZRH-CDG (ZRH-CDG with Swiss). The website shows transit possibilities via ZRH probably because SIN-ZRH uses the A380 and has therefore more capacity than 777. It's also a good possibility for those with final destination in Nice, Strasbourg, Bordeaux, Toulouse: they can use FRA or ZRH for their transit instead of CDG . SQ could think about using SIN-IST-CDG (IST-CDG with Turkish) since SIN-IST is often empty during this period of time... SQ and TK have a great cooperation when it comes to codeshares.

Comment

Yes. In March, the A380 will start operating the route again. SQ333/334 seems to be a compensation rather than a season related decision.

SQ is the first airline to have been flying A380 and the cabin becomes aged so I presume that they will take this time to refurbish these aircraft and wait meanwhile for 15 new A380 orders.

It seems that during this period of time, SQ tries to deviate SIN-CDG passengers to SIN-ZRH-CDG (ZRH-CDG with Swiss). The website shows transit possibilities via ZRH probably because SIN-ZRH uses the A380 and has therefore more capacity than 777. It's also a good possibility for those with final destination in Nice, Strasbourg, Bordeaux, Toulouse: they can use FRA or ZRH for their transit instead of CDG . SQ could think about using SIN-IST-CDG (IST-CDG with Turkish) since SIN-IST is often empty during this period of time... SQ and TK have a great cooperation when it comes to codeshares.

Comment

wait meanwhile for 15 new A380 orders
          SQ has 5 on order.

Comment

Working...
          X