Jetquay Terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetquay Terminal

Anyone has experience with this boy in Changi? As mentioned, me and the missus are going to HKG on Y awards and with the limited flying I did last year (found myself going back to blue) so thus gotta miss the lounge dragons in T3. I'd read about this online and wonder if I should try this one out before my plane hits the tarmac.

Any opinions appreciated.

Mate, I'll post the TR later tonight

Just did it two weeks ago (but lost the entire TR in a browser crash). Am halfway through re-typing it.

In short: It's very nice, but if you're hungry, there's better food options elsewhere.

Comment

I've posted the first bits to the re-written TR here

Update: It's all completed now... hope that helps.
      Last edited by Kyo; 11 March 2009, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Received a CIMB World Mastercard brochure yesterday.
        Says that CIMB World Mastercard holders can access JetQuay terminal once a month (with a companion) FOC. Subject to overall 1000 access a month (for CIMB card holders). Sounds like a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
          Subject to overall 1000 access a month
          That's a rather generous limit which works out to 30+ accesses each day! I don't think you can clock up that even if you flew SIN-KUL-SIN continuously!

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
            Received a CIMB World Mastercard brochure yesterday.
            Says that CIMB World Mastercard holders can access JetQuay terminal once a month (with a companion) FOC. Subject to overall 1000 access a month (for CIMB card holders). Sounds like a good deal.
            You mean this one?

http://www.cimbbank.com.sg/index.php...ca&tpt=cimb_sg

Doesn't have any mention of JetQuay access there... (and what does 'subject to overall 1000 access a month' mean anyway?)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              You mean this one?

http://www.cimbbank.com.sg/index.php...ca&tpt=cimb_sg

Doesn't have any mention of JetQuay access there... (and what does 'subject to overall 1000 access a month' mean anyway?)
              Sounds like first come first served basis. After 1000 card holders used it, then people after 1000 cannot get in?

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
                Sounds like first come first served basis. After 1000 card holders used it, then people after 1000 cannot get in?
                Yep, that's right. btw I think the same promo is running with Mastercard Malaysia.

Comment

That's silly. Do they expect people to just drive up and hope they get lucky? Is this every month? I'd certainly be keen otherwise...

Comment

That's silly. Do they expect people to just drive up and hope they get lucky? Is this every month? I'd certainly be keen otherwise...
                    Agreed. I wouldn't want to rock up with a friend and wonder whether I'm going to get in or not.

Comment

You need to book in advance. Can't just walk in and show yr comb mastercard

Comment

Posting from JetQuay Terminal now. Using it complimentary of the WORLD MasterCard. Very quiet. Don't really like it as all the checkin and formality is done by them.

-- just to add my posting earlier. I spent about 1 hour in JetQuay terminal. The food is OK but not as much selection as in SQ Biz Class lounge. What I like the most was riding on that cart (dunno what it is called, the one used in the golf course normally). I was riding through the whole Changi Airport, as the JetQuay is next to T2 and my flight was departing from T3. So I did the whole U ride.

One more thing, my bag came out quite fast (right after the Priority Bag)
                        Last edited by lingua101; 6 April 2011, 01:59 PM.
                        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                          Posting from JetQuay Terminal now. Using it complimentary of the WORLD MasterCard. Very quiet. Don't really like it as all the checkin and formality is done by them.

-- just to add my posting earlier. I spent about 1 hour in JetQuay terminal. The food is OK but not as much selection as in SQ Biz Class lounge. What I like the most was riding on that cart.....

I got home last night to a new promotion from my bank that, like yourself, allows unlimited complementary access (handy since I dropped back to KF-Silver a couple of weeks ago having only mustered 4x,xxx miles in the past year and not being bothered to extend the year to June when I fly to Brussels).

Anyway, long question short, would you think the place better than the SATS T1 lounge in terms of ambiance/refreshment etc.? I'm alone taking J on TK in a couple of weeks leaving close to midnight and was thinking of trying JetQuay instead now that I have the chance and not needing a full meal. Has the hot food increased any from Kyo's original report of Cup Noodles? Their website says fine dining is available but that it has to be requested in advance otherwise I'll have to wait till I get on the plane and stick to a liquid diet.

Comment

The ambience exceeds that of any of the regular lounges in T1, T2 or T3, up to and including SQ's Private Room. Didn't know fine dining was available! Please obtain the menu when you go in... does your bank include buggy transfers also?

(and mind if I ask what bank?)

Comment

The ambience exceeds that of any of the regular lounges in T1, T2 or T3, up to and including SQ's Private Room. Didn't know fine dining was available! Please obtain the menu when you go in... does your bank include buggy transfers also?

(and mind if I ask what bank?)
                              agree with Kyo. I have been to SATS Lounge in T1 and T3, of course the JetQuay is much better
                              visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                              X