Priority Line for J/F passengers at Security Checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    I also trust that the person checking your BP and PP are trained enough to spot a trouble maker before letting you through....
    As well trained as the Changi airport staff in the following incident then ?

http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Sto...ry_250948.html

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post

I also trust that the person checking your BP and PP are trained enough to spot a trouble maker before letting you through.... and they selectively send pax to the x-ray machine before immigration.
      I don't doubt for a minute that if anyone 'looked suspicious' they would be sent over to the scanner. However, with the greatest of respect, it's not only BP checkers and people looking through two way mirrors that are well trained these days. And if someone has got a list of things to check just by looking at someone that can guarantee to catch any nutjob who wants to blow him(or her!)self up, then he's done better than all the western security services have ever managed to do. Give me a machine any day of the week.

It is worth pointing out here that if anyone wanted to just try and get to the gate to set something off - believing the gate machines would catch any device they tried to smuggle on board - then they could walk in and set something off at checkin anyway.

Comment

I much prefer a single central security point but as Changi has not been designed to keep arriving and departing passengers separate it is not an option.

However the lack of a priority lane for F and J passengers particularly at the joint gates at T3 is a real problem. OK I only have one experience of going through them but I had to queue for 30 minutes. As an R class passenger who has paid a heafty premium for a 'beyond first class' experience I find that totally unacceptable. I may have just been unlucky but if that is a normal experience then I think SQ will see a drop in premium passengers when they start telling them they have to leave the lounge 1 hour before departure time to clear security.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
          I much prefer a single central security point but as Changi has not been designed to keep arriving and departing passengers separate it is not an option.
          Thinking about it, Changi's layout is much more efficient than airports like HKIA - not having to build another entire floor dedicated for just arrival. Although I prefer HKIA layout, I can very much understand if CAAS use the Changi layout (departure & arrival on the same level) due to efficiency.
          Not a big inconvenience for me.

Comment

Changi's layout allows for the arriving passengers to shop as well, not just departing passengers. Make greater use of their much advertised Shopping City.

Comment

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I *thought* I remembered seeing signs like "If you're arriving, please proceed to the stores after arrival immigration" in duty free shops.
              zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
                Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I *thought* I remembered seeing signs like "If you're arriving, please proceed to the stores after arrival immigration" in duty free shops.
                Yes, I believe that is the case. As there is no duty free on cigarettes brought into Singapore.

Comment

I'm never noticed that sign, but I don't fly very often anyway. Some of my friends told me they did go shopping in the transit mall before clearing immigration.

Comment

I think you are requested to produce your boarding pass and passport before you enjoy duty free prices.
                    zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
                      I think you are requested to produce your boarding pass and passport before you enjoy duty free prices.
                      From my experience, for duty free upon arrival at Changi, when I paid, the cashier only asked to see my passport. Never been asked to produce a boarding pass, but the cashier just asked which flight number or from where I just arrived.

Comment

When mrs nickbot and I arrived into Changi from BKK, we went to the duty free shop and selected a couple of bottles of champagne; when we went to pay for them the shop assistant asked to see our BP, and after seeing we had only just arrived told us we couldn't shop there. We had to use the smaller duty free shop after immigration.

Comment

Changi now has these for departing flights

Has anyone seen them at work? IME they are not operating them.

Either they are closed or everybody uses them

Comment

I remembered seeing it last year and this year at T3 but it was being used as a normal line due to the long queue forming behind the security checks.

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
                              I remembered seeing it last year and this year at T3 but it was being used as a normal line due to the long queue forming behind the security checks.
                              Exactly. For show only. Maybe to score points on their Skytrax inspection

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                                Changi now has these for departing flights

Has anyone seen them at work? IME they are not operating them.

Either they are closed or everybody uses them
                                I saw them when I was flying to Hong Kong in F. Both queues were equally long and as I had left TPR late, I was one of the last to board the plane. Gate B10.

Comment

Working...
                                X